This is an exciting time to join us at Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust as we continue to expand the range of services provided within our theatre complex.
We have 10 operating theatres at our East Surrey site and the Trust has dedicated CEPOD, Trauma and Orthopaedic theatres. Colorectal and upper GI Surgery, Ophthalmic, ENT, Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Dental, Urology, and remote area general anaesthetics. We are continuing to develop our anaesthetic Service and need you to help us!
If you have a UK recognised qualification in anaesthetics and would like to join our friendly team on a bank contract to further develop your skills, we would like to hear from you.
We offer an on-going training programmes and the successful candidate would be expected to participate in mentoring these students.
We positively encourage staff development and have a robust Practice Development team who support Clinical Practice and on-going clinical expertise.
We are committed to the development of our staff and have a commitment to additional courses to equip our staffs with the necessary skills in their daily activities through our local Universities.
The post will be based in Theatre at the East Surrey Hospital site and on occasions you will be requested to provide cover in Crawley Day Surgery Unit. We provide 24/7 cover and this requires shift rotation, night duty and an on-call commitment.Main duties of the job
For further information, please see the attached trust job description and person specification for a full list of duties and responsibilitiesAbout us
We provide emergency and non-emergency services to the residents of East Surrey, North-East West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill a community of over 535,000 people. We provide acute and complex services and a range of outpatient, diagnostic services whilst Crawley Hospital and Horsham in West Sussex and Caterham Dene Hospital and Oxted Health Centre in Surrey provide less complex planned services. In 2019 the Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated our services as 'Outstanding' and we are one of the best performing Trusts in England:
- Winners of Health Service Journal Acute Trust of the year award 2021
- National Patient Safety Awards winner and strive to be a beacon for safety in all that we do
- We are in the top 20% nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work or receive treatment
- Our staff rate us the best in the country among comparable acute trusts when asked if they would recommend the Trust as a place to work and when asked whether care of patients is the organisation's top priority
Our workforce are amongst the most motivated in the country we achieved the top acute hospital score in the country for staff engagement in the last national staff surveyJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Once you understand the requirements outlined in the advert, please ensure your application accurately reflects where you match them. For further information regarding the role please read the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationcriteriaEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oEvidence of a good standard of written English appropriate to the role
- oA complete and accurate application
- oSuitability for role evidenced in supporting statement
- oEvidence of essential experience for role
- oMeet the essential education/qualifications required for the role
- oHold the necessary mandatory professional/clinical registration
- oEvidence of the Trust values and behaviours
- oEvidence of any other essential criteria outlined in the person specification
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
East Surrey Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.