Band 5 Occupational Therapist 37.5 hours per week, worked over 7 days on a weekend rota with days off in lieu
We are looking to recruit a flexible and dynamic Band 5 Occupational Therapist to join our exciting rotation at the Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle.
The occupational therapy department works 7 days per week and all staff participate in the weekend rota. This role may be suitable for individuals Returning to Practice. Please speak to the recruiting manager for more information.Main duties of the job
You will be welcomed onto a rotation that covers Medical, Surgical, Orthopaedics, Elderly Care, Acute Medical Unit and ED, Neuro Rehabilitation, Community Hospital and Community Rehabilitation Service. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a team, consolidating your skills as an independent practitioner, whilst also developing delegation skills to our dedicated support staff.
Our popular rotation appeals to Occupational Therapists wishing to explore specialist areas of practice with each rotation worked over 6 months.
You will enjoy the support of a strong Occupational Therapy network across both health and social care, which brings with it professional development opportunities.
You will have access to high quality, regular supervision as well as being encouraged to become an active member of our Band 5 Peer Support Group.
We will offer an excellent induction, ongoing professional support, preceptorship, annual appraisal and a highly rewarding job to the successful candidate. We are keen to hear from both qualified, registered Occupational Therapists and those recently qualified who are awaiting HCPC registration in the coming months.About us
At NCIC, we have an ambition to deliver outstanding hospital and health services to half a million people. Established on 1st October 2019, the Trust is creating a centre of excellence in providing rural and remote healthcare and provides a wide range of community and acute services throughout north Cumbria and beyond. We're responsible for delivering over 70 services across 15 main locations and we employ more than 6,500 members of staff.
Our 5 key principles demonstrate our belief in the delivery of 'safe, high quality care every time'.
- Being a clinically led organisation
- Quality and safety at the heart
- A positive patient experience every time
- A great place to work
- Managing our money well
As an organisation we are serious about supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our local community and are very much focused on being an inclusive and compassionate place to work.
Across the North East and North Cumbria we are working together to deliver our ambition to be the greenest region in England by 2030. There is an expectation for all staff to support this by familiarising yourself with the Trust's sustainability initiatives such as waste and recycling, going paperless, videoconferencing, sustainable transport and others.
We encourage you to think about what you can do as an individual and within your team to contribute in to embedding carbon reduction into the everyday running of our organisation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for further information regarding the role and the essential and desirable criteria required to be met by applicants.
Relocation assistance may be available for successful applicants moving to the region for certain posts. Please see our Policy for eligible vacancies? The Trust will provide a twelve month preceptorship period for all newly registered healthcare professionals. Healthcare Professionals returning to practice, moving into new roles or changing clinical environments, may access an agreed preceptorship period.
- Please ensure that you document evidence of meeting all the essential criteria in the supporting information.
- If sufficient response is received this post could be closed earlier than the specified closing date, please apply as soon as possible to ensure that your application is considered.
Candidates who have been successfully shortlisted for interview will be asked via an email notification to log on to their Trac account to select an interview time. This will usually be within 2 weeks of the closing date.
For candidates applying using a Hotmail account or have strict firewall settings please ensure the following:
Disclosure and Barring Service:
- Junk Mail is checked regularly
On 28 November 2020, the new Disclosure and Barring Service filtering rules will come into effect.
The changes mean that:
- youth cautions, reprimands and final warnings will no longer be subject to automatic disclosure
- the multiple conviction rule has been removed, meaning that if an individual has more than one conviction, regardless of offence type or time passed, each conviction will be considered against the remaining rules individually, rather than being automatically disclosed.
If you are unsure about whether you need to disclose certain criminal record information, free confidential advice may be sought from one of the charity bodies listed below. These bodies can advise you on what you are legally required to declare and may also be able to advise you on how you can disclose criminal record information to a prospective employer and your legal rights when doing so.
Nacro Tel: 0300 123 1999, or email: email@example.com
Unlock Tel: 01634 247350, email
firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the
online form on the Unlock website
The Trust is committed to safeguarding adults and children therefore if the post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended) the successful candidate(s) will be subject to a criminal records check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The cost of the DBS must be met by the successful candidate(s) through salary deduction. DBS charges are as follows if applicable to the post:
Standard Check: �18 + Administration cost of �3.85 = �21.85. Deducted at �6.85 from 1st month salary and �5 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
Enhanced Check: �38 + administration cost of �3.90 = �41.90. Deducted at �11.90 from 1st month salary and �10 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
As part of the one of the largest employers in the UK NCIC future employees will have also access to the following benefits.
A lease car may be available for this position further details will be provided upon appointment if applicable.
27 day holiday scheme rising to 33 after 10 years
Flexible working Scheme
Excellent opportunities for development
Competitive NHS Pension scheme
Access to NHS discounts with retailers and leisure companies
EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) a free, confidential counselling and information service to assist with personal or work-related problems
These schemes are subject to availabilityPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in occupational therapy or equivalent
- Current registration with HCPC
- Wide range of practice educational placements.
- Physical disability acute hospital placement.
- Community Rehabilitation placement
- Use of reflection in practice
- Use of standardised assessment.
- Employment as an occupational therapist
- Experience of managing a caseload
- Continuing professional development with portfolio.
- Occupational therapy models of practice and frames of reference.
- Clinical governance
- Microsoft Word and use of Internet
- Equality legislation and best practice
Skills and ApptitudesEssential
- Local and national health policy
- Evidence of relevant health related training courses
- Well developed communication skills
- High standard of written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Reflective skills
- Organised team worker
- Flexible approach
- Ability to participate in weekend working rota
- Willing to participate in rotational scheme
- Ability to travel extensively across North Cumbria
- Able to travel independently of public transport (and at times) transport patients and /or equipment across the locality
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Driving licence
- Membership of Professional Body (RCOT)
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Cumberland Infirmary and Carlisle Integrated Care Community (Hilltop Heights and Brampton Hospital)and Brampton Hospital))
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.