Progressive Band 5 to 6 Speech and Language Therapist Post (Golden Hello included)
- Are you an enthusiastic newly qualified Speech and Language Therapist (SLT) or an experienced Band 5 looking for a new opportunity?
- Are you looking to develop your skills, working in a range of clinical and educational settings?
- Do you have a passion for supporting children and young people with a wide range of clinical needs?
If you answered yes, we have got the perfect role for you!
Children & Young People's Therapies at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust (HCT) is in the exciting position of being able to offer Band 5 progressive posts. We are looking to recruit to enthusiastic and highly motivated Band 5 SLTs, who wish to extend their skills/experiences, with a view moving to a Band 6 post on transition to full clinical autonomy. Posts will be based at our main sites in either: Stevenage/North Herts, Hemel Hempstead/St Albans and Watford. In addition to the basic salary, this post attracts a High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of basic salary (pro rata where applicable and dependent on base location)Main duties of the job
As a Band 5 SLT, you will provide assessment and intervention to children and young people with a range of speech, language and communication needs. You will work across a variety of settings, from mainstream schools/ early years settings, to Children's community settings, including community clinics. There are also some opportunities to work closely with experienced therapists within special school settings
You will work collaboratively with education staff within settings, and you may also have the opportunity to work within a specialist provision for children with learning difficulties. You will have opportunity to develop your clinical skills in areas such as ASD, DLD and speech disorders, and cleft palate.
We have an excellent reputation for the support we provide to new graduates and returners. We offer:
- A 2 week induction period where you will have the opportunity to observe and shadow
- Regular clinical supervision and contact with your manager.
- Access to a range of learning opportunities e.g. bitesize tutorials and CENs, including ASD and DLD
- Regular access to a Band 5 peer support group and a buddy
- A well-established appraisal system
- Opportunities to work alongside other therapists/assistants to deliver evidence based episodes of care
- Joint working and second opinions from clinical specialists within the service
A big thank you for considering joining us at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
You'll find it a great place to work with many benefits offered to you as a member of our staff This is what one of our newly qualified SLTs has told us about working within the CYP Therapies Service: Joining HCT has been a great start to my SLT career. I was welcomed by the team and quickly felt like I had been part of the team a long while. I have received invaluable support that has helped me transform my knowledge from university into a clinical skill. I value the continuous opportunity for CPD development, I feel like my knowledge is always growing.
Our staff are proud to be Innovative, Caring and Agile in their work to help achieve the Trust vision
We welcome diversity in our workforce and are interested in applicants from all backgrounds
We don't want you to miss out so we'd like you to know that if we have a high level of interest in this role, the vacancy may close prior to the advertised closing date, so please make your application as soon as possible - Apply now
You've made a great decision to apply to join to HCT - we're looking forward to taking the next steps of the journey with you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see Job Description attached, which details the responsibilities within this post. Also attached is the Person Specification.
HCT provides integrated Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy Services for families across the county. Our service provides opportunities for collaborative working, joint training and shared learning amongst each profession. We are jointly commissioned by health and education, allowing us to provide a seamless pathway of care from early years through to schools, specialist provisions and furthereducation settings.
Successful candidates will need to be enthusiastic and motivated. Good communication, clinical reasoning and organisational skills are essential.
You must be a team player but be able to work autonomously and have the ability to champion the needs of your patients.
You will be joining a well-established, supportive team of therapists and assistants who can offer support if you are newly qualified, or help to develop your skills if you already have experience and developing interests.If you have any questions at all about the posts or would like to come and visit us, please do contact us - we are only too happy to help and would love to tell you more about our service.
Applicants wanting to work full time or part time will be considered. A full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).
Whilst it is not a legal requirement, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust encourages and supports all its staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
We are committed to supporting flexible working options for staff, wherever possible, and welcome discussions on flexible working patterns to support our staff to maintain a healthy work life balance.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Recognised SLT degree or equivalent
- Registration with HPC
- Member of RCSLT
- Experience of a range of placements as SLT student
- Other relevant experience of disability or impairment groups
- Experience of working with parents/carers
- Understanding the use of a range of SLT assessments.
- Knowledge of a range of therapeutic interventions for preschool and school aged children.
- Able to use assessment results for diagnosis and to devise appropriate intervention
- Good auditory and perceptual skills for assessment, differential diagnosis and treatment of clients
- Ability to accurately transcribe speech phonetically
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Hold a full, valid, UK driving licence and have access to a car to use for business purposes (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010)
Hertfordshire Community NHS TrustAddress
Varies across Hertfordshire
Hemel Hempstead/St Albans/Watford
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.