Jennifer, recently joined HDFT and says, My team have really made me feel comfortable in my new role and are working hard to provide me with as much experience as possible. I really appreciate their training and support. Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust is
the largest provider of childrens public health nursing services in the North East of England. We are currently recruiting a Health Visitor to the County Durham 0-25 Team based in Brandon Family Centre in Durham
We welcome applications from SCPHN Health Visitors and those currently studying SCPHN.Main duties of the job
We are proud to offer our Health Visitors:
- A full induction and training package
- Access to our fantastic 2-year Preceptorship Programme for Nurses in their first two years post qualification.
- A supportive learning environment with access to our community based Clinical Skills Educators
- First Line Leaders programme to help develop your leadership skills
- Support and guidance with revalidation
- The technology required to support with agile working
We are looking for new colleagues who possess strong leadership and influencing skills, with the ability to delegate and supervise staff, as well as the ability to recognise and escalate risk and contribute to control measures.
You must possess a full UK driving licence and have access to your own transport in order to meet service needsAbout us
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide outstanding care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- An inclusive and supportive culture our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference and Team of the Month Awards plus the Christmas Oscars.
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
We are dedicated to working towards improved public health outcomes for children and families in the footprint, delivering high quality universal and targeted health visiting and school health services to meet the key improvement priorities for the population.
The Health Visitors role is to prevent ill health and promote positive holistic health care for an identified population and community and to take responsibility for ensuring the physical and mental health needs of families, acting as an advocate for the client and community.
Health Visitors plan, organise and deliver programmes of care in conjunction with the family and the multi-disciplinary team and undertake continuous on-going assessment of children, young people and families. They provide an evidenced based service to children, people, families and communities in accordance with National and Local Policy initiatives.
Please see the attached Job Description for more detailsPerson SpecificationEssentialEssential
- Specialist Community Public Health Nurse Qualification (HV) or equivalent Evidence of continuing professional development.
- NMC registration
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of Continued Professional development
- Nurse Prescribing
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Brandon Family Hub
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.