An exciting opportunity has arisen to join and participate in the leadership of our recovery team. We are looking for an experienced practitioner to be accountable for the provision, organisation and delivery of patient care within the sphere of responsibility, with experience in post-operative care, airway and pain management. Assisting in acute pain management, Acting as a specialist recovery practitioner both within the team and as an autonomous practitioner, ensuring effective and safe skill mix within all areas providing post anaesthetic
Ensuring collaborative relationships are established between departments throughout the trust. To act as an active role model providing leadership to all members within the team, participate in annual appraisals of staff.Main duties of the job
The post holder will work as part of the recovery team, taking an active role in the leadership and management of the department. Acting in accordance with the NMC standards of care, delivering high quality patent care. The post holder will work collaboratively and co-operatively with other members of the multi-disciplinary team, meeting the needs of the patient whilst being able to work as an autonomous practitioner. Assist in the management and organisation of clinical and peripheral areas. Participate in the education and development of other staff members and students. Participate in problem solving and decision making on a day to day level for the effective running of the service. About us
Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides hospital services to a growing population of around 700,000 people living across Bedfordshire and the surrounding areas across two busy hospital sites in Bedford and Luton. Both hospital sites offer key services such as A& E, Obstetrics-led Maternity and Paediatrics.
You will be joining a friendly, high performing Trust committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of staff. As one of the largest NHS Trusts in our region you will have access to a programme of high quality training and development to help you grow your career.
We have state-of-the art facilities placing us at the heart of cutting edge health care. The Trust continues to be committed to delivering the best patient care using the best clinical knowledge and technology available.
Please note that vacancies may close prior to the advertised closing date when sufficient number of applications have been received. Please ensure that you make your application as soon as possible.
All new staff will be subject to a probationary period covering their first six months in post. Travel between hospital sites may be required.
Please review all documents attached to this advert to ensure you familiarise yourself with all requirements of the job.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesSkills & Experience
- Registered Nurse or Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and in sensitive and challenging situations.
If this sounds like you and you are ready to join a team where your clinical and personal skills can flourish, apply here today.
Some travelling may be required between our hospital sites.
Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable
- As a key member of the multi-disciplinary team, responsible for ensuring the provision of high standards of pre & post-operative clinical practice and individualised patient care within the recovery service.
- Provide effective leadership that supports and promotes confidence and development of team members to meet service requirements.
- Through the provision of specialist knowledge and skills in recovery practice, ensure the delivery, by self and others, of safe and effective post-operative critical care.
- Take a lead role in the continuing development of this area through research and clinical effectiveness, initiating and implementing change.
- Assist in the smooth functioning of the Recovery and Theatres department through liaison with staff, Theatres, Wards and other hospital departments.
- Active in promoting a safe and attractive environment, acting as role model encouraging learning and the development of new ideas.
- Take responsibility for the management of the Recovery teams/department.
- To support and implement the integration of clinical governance into all aspects of patient care delivery.
- To work within the Trusts/Directorates competency framework and the departments philosophy demonstrating the skills and knowledge required to meet learning outcomes
- Ability to deal with frequent exposure too highly unpleasant working conditions. .
- Able to assist and support the anaesthetist and supervise junior staff in the care of ventilated critically ill patients.
- To undertake projects within the multi-disciplinary team to enhance the patients pathway.
- Safeguards the health, safety and welfare of patients, colleague and visitors. Ensure adherence to all relevant trust policies including Health and safety at work, Fire, Infection Control and Manual Handling.
- Exercise a cost effective, high quality approach to patient care.
- Provide clinical supervision to all levels of staff
- Leadership course
- Evidence for CPD
- Recovery Experience
- Evidence of Team Development
- Extended clinical skills within theatre setting
- Previous Team Lead Responsibilities
- Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge
- Able to use evidence based practice to provide high standards of care.
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies
- High Standard of clinical practice
- Actively Participate in teaching of junior staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of health policy and professional health agendas
- Able to deal effectively with challenging situations and challenging individuals
- Able to gain the confidence of colleagues and peers
- Capable and confident, with the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Flexible approach to work and working patterns
- Enthusiastic and motivated, with an ability to motivate others.
Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.