A sought after opportunity has arisen for a Senior Therapist to join the Occupational Therapy Department in Addenbrooke's Hospital. We are looking for an innovative team player to join the Neuro rotational programme which covers a wide variety of clinical areas: Stroke, Neuro-rehabilitation, Neurosciences, Intensive Care and Major Trauma. You will be an experienced Occupational Therapist with good communication and a wide range of clinical skills and some experience working with patients with a neurological diagnosis. You will also have some experience of developing service improvement projects. As a proven Clinical Educator, you will play a role in providing placements to OT students and take part in our education programme. You will provide comprehensive occupational therapy to patients, working autonomously and without direct supervision, integrating the available evidence-base. You will ensure safe and effective delivery of occupational therapy and work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams. If you are experienced at working in Acute Care / Community with complex patients, committed to improving patient care and patient flow, practice evidence based therapy and enjoy working in a team then this is the job for you. In return we can offer you a friendly and supportive environment in which to develop and excel in your career.Main duties of the jobTo provide highly specialised acute and early rehabilitation to patients in your caseload. To support and work alongside other members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure delivery of the highest possible standard of service. To actively participate in the training and development of junior staff members, Therapy Assistants and Apprentices. To lead on service development projects. To support the Team Leader in planning, coordinating, delivering and evaluating the Occupational Therapy Service on a day-to-day basis. To be an integral part of the highly specialised multidisciplinary team in your working area including Consultants, Specialist Nurses and Specialist Physiotherapists.About usOur Trust
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital in Cambridge. With over 11000 staff and over 1100 beds the priorities of the Trust focus on a quality service which is all about people - patients, staff and partners. Recognised as providing 'outstanding' care to our patients and rated 'Good' overall by the Care Quality Commissioner, is testament to the skill and dedication of the people who work here. CUH's values - Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent - are at the heart of patient care, defining the way all staff work and behave. The Trust provides accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge, together with specialist services, dealing with rare or complex conditions for a regional, national and international population.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organisation irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
The advert will close at midnight on 1 October 2023. Benefits to you
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- -Occupational Therapist registered with Health and Care Professions Council
- -Degree of Diploma of Occupational Therapy
- -Evidence of CPD
- -Member of RCOT
- -Member of specialist Section / special interest group
- -Fieldwork educators certificate
- -Significant acute care experience working with patients of all ages with a wide range of neurological conditions and any medical / surgical co-morbidities
- -Significant experience of complex case management
- -Experience in teaching and delivery of presentations
- -Experience of supervising students on placements
- -Varied clinical experience
- -Experience of working in either NHS or social care
- -Experience of administering and analysing standardised cognitive assessments
- -Experience of audit / EBP / research process
- -Experience of supervision of Occupational Therapy Assistants and Technicians
- -Experience supervising Band 5 Occupational Therapists
- -Experience working with patients with a diagnosis of cancer
- -Experience working with patients with poly-trauma
- -Experience in tonal management
- -Experience working in social care
- -Working knowledge of a wide range of medical, surgical and neuro conditions
- -Reflective practitioner
- -Positively promotes occupational therapy
- -Working knowledge of a variety of outcome measures
- -Participation in project work/working in groups
- -Reflective Practitioner
- -Effective communication skills
- -Close team working in a variety of settings
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of Safe, Kind, Excellent.
- -Able to work weekends or 'on-call' as needed
- -Ability to travel with or without patients throughout the district on a regular basis
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Addenbrookes Hospital-Division B
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.