The Frailty Hospital at Home Virtual Ward is our new innovative pathway which focuses on providing intensive, hospital-level care for acute conditions that would normally require an acute hospital bed, in a patient's place of residents for a short episode through multidisciplinary healthcare teams.Main duties of the job
The post holder will support the Lead Practitioner in delivering the requirements set out within the service model, which is continuously developing, to ensure the delivery of evidence based, community healthcare service 24hours a day, 7 days a week. The Frailty Hospital at Home team will provide support to patients in their place of residence following a sudden deterioration in their condition. The team will provide clinical treatment to patients and follow up on treatment on a daily basis ensuring effective treatment and recognising the need for increased support as required.
The post holder will work with a range of professionals in order to ensure care is appropriate and delivered in a timely manner. The post holder will be able to demonstrate their professional skills and competence in leadership, care planning / co-ordination, medicines management, and care and treatment delivery.About us
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfDWhat does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
o As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.o We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes. o We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce. Why work for us?
o We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.o As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.o Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve. What do we stand for?
o Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.o Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.o Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.Person SpecificationDistrict Nurse SPQEssential
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAININGEssential
- Nursing - Experienced District Nurse
- Leadership experience
- Registered Nurse Registered Allied Healthcare Professional
- Degree/ Diploma in Physiotherapy Occupational Therapy Nursing Paramedic Science
- Recognised teaching or mentorship qualification equivalent to level 3.
- Recognised supervisory management qualification equivalent to level 3
- District Nursing SPQ
- Post graduate modules Relevant post graduate clinical training e.g. Elderly, Long Term Conditions, Respiratory Disease, Cardiac Disease, Dementia
- Independent/supplementary non-medical prescriber
- Evidence of long term condition managament
- Recognised management/ leadership qualification
- Non-medical prescribing or the willingness to work towards this
Skills, Abilities and KnowledgeEssential
- Relevant specialist/clinical experience and competence
- Experience of working as advanced clinical practitioner/case manager.
- Experience of working in a community/in-patient setting for a minimum of 6 years post registration
- Leading complex care co ordination
- Management of complex Long-Term Conditions.
- Knowledge of manging cognitive impairment and mental well being.
- Supporting self-care, self management and enabling independence.
- Developing highly specialised programme of care, providing advice concerning treatment of patients.
- Professional practice and leadership.
- Managing care at end of life.
- Experience of interagency and partnership working.
- Highly specialist knowledge in managing patients in the community with complex medical needs, long-term/chronic disease management and palliative care.
- Highly developed professional knowledge base supported by educational development and different work environment.
- Knowledge of current political drivers, health and social care issues.
- Specialist knowledge of governance and risk strategies and their application in a community setting.
- Highly developed general management practice, including organisation performance management finance, human resources and equality and diversity.
- Highly specialist clinical and technical skills in managing long-term conditions/end of life care.
- Strong analytical and judgment skills, with the ability to interpret complex situation and make appropriate decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with other health and social care professionals, patients, carers and the public.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong IT skills - including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good presentation skills/public speaking.
- Ability to plan and manage resources within allocated budget effectively.
- Ability to work autonomously without supervision.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to the demands of a constantly changing environment.
- Patient Focused Responsive and flexible innovative approach to improving patient experience. Promotes service improvement.
- Maximising Value Seeks opportunity to provide medium - long-term value. Addresses inefficiencies quickly. Evaluates and streamlines ways of working.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Valid and current driving licence and car to be able to travel to locations throughout Buckinghamshire.
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Thame Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.