Are you a qualified social worker? Are you ready to progress your career? Are you interested in working with an outstanding NHS Trust to develop and deliver community treatment in mental health?
If yes, we would love to hear from you to work in the friendly Integrated Flow Service! We are based at a newly built Kingfisher Court, based in Radlett - a great place to work!
If you would like an informal chat about the role, please contact Agather Sifolongwane on 07811836103. We look forward to hearing from you!
Our staff survey results tell a story of highly engaged, motivated, passionate people working at HPFT. The survey has shown that staff overwhelmingly believe that their role makes a difference to service users, to the extent that HPFT had the best score nationally for this question. Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will:
- advise and support patients on safe discharge back to the community
- ensure that placements take place in accordance with service user need, financial accountability and governance arrangements
- give specialist advice on all types of placement issues to the multi-disciplinary teams within the Trust
- develop a close working relationship with the teams in a specified Service Line.
In return, we can offer you:
- 5% on top of basic salary high cost allowance supplement (subject to a maximum payment of �2,011 per annum pro rata)
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service) plus bank holidays (pro rata where applicable)
- One of the UK's best pension schemes
- Special leave for family and personal reasons
- NHS Car Lease Scheme (for substantive staff)
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from theCare Quality Commission
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. Everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout: Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To give specialist advice on all types of placement issues to the multi-disciplinary teams within the Trust including developing a close working relationship with the teams in a specified Service Line.
To work with care co-ordinators to identify safe discharges to the community.
To work closely with discharge co-ordinators in supporting patients with discharges.
To attend multi-disciplinary case conferences and Care Programme Approach meetings when required.
To be part of the assessment and review processes identifying levels of needs and making recommendations for long-term care providing specialised advice.
To actively participate in supervision, appraisal and professional development to enhance clinical skills.
To provide verbal and written reports as required.
To present cases, as appropriate, to the Funding Panel
To accept and register internal referrals for placement advice from teams in the trust For a more in-depth Job Description please read attached document Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Extensive experience within a health or social care setting
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation
- Experience of making, monitoring and reviewing health and/or social care placements
Employer detailsEmployer name
- First degree or equivalent experience.
- Professional qualification in social work Occupational Therapy
- Approved Mental Health Practitioner
- Professional registration with HCPC.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
King Fisher Court,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.