We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our supportive and friendly Outpatients team as the Business Manager for Outpatient Access (Band 8A). Then Outpatient Access Team book first appointments for 45 services across the Trust and manage a call centre which has on average 37,000 calls per month. To be successful in this role, you will have to be organised, resilient, result driven and a self-starter. Awareness of Trust systems like Cerner, eRS, Rego, CDL, DrDoctor, Somerset and Hybrid mail would be an advantage.
Operational management experience is essential for this role as it is a constantly changing environment and you will have oversight for a team of around 70 people in the Outpatient Access Team, Charing Cross Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. The incumbent will have direct line management responsibilities for the Service Manager and the eRS Manager.
The ideal candidate should be confident to take informed decisions but also have the acumen to escalate to senior managers as required. A good understanding of HR process and procedures will contribute to successfully undertaking the role. You must be a good communicator and be able to successfully engage with all stakeholders, including clinicians, nursing and managers at all levels.Main duties of the job
The Business Manager will report to the Deputy General Manager and will provide appropriate support to the General Manager and the Chief of Service in the delivery of all operational functions a discrete section of the directorate. This will include overseeing the administrative functions within the department, and ensuring all key performance targets are met, and Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to. The Business Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the appropriate data is available, analysed and presented to support business decision making, forging the gap between financial and business management. The post holder will provide an increased focus on the delivery of streamlined, efficient services which are managed and benchmarked nationally and internationally. This roles will lead on the project management of the cost reduction programmes and organisational change.About us
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
- Relevant first degree
- Completion of project management skills course, e.g. PRINCE2 or equivalent experience
- Recognised management qualification at postgraduate level and/or experience
- Relevant postgraduate qualification
- Experience of operational and staff management in the NHS
- Track record of success in delivering change and project management
- Experience of managing and deciding on complex employment issues including handling grievances and disciplinary issues
- Experience of dealing with conflict and working with colleagues to agree remedial action as required
- Budget management experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Well developed business planning and marketing skills
- Ability to analyse and effectively present performance data and identify areas for improvement
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills
- Ability to co-ordinate and investigate complaints, including experience of dealing with distressed patients / relatives / staff.
- Excellent communication skills
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Charing Cross Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.