As a Senior Learning and Development Officer you, you will play a crucial role in supporting our Learning and Development Manager. Your responsibilities will include designing, coordinating, and delivering a top-tier Trust induction process for our new colleagues, providing team leader support for rest of the Learning and Development Team, and collaborating with external providers to maximize our Apprenticeship Levy.
You will support the Learning and Development Manager in both the development of digital learning material and the administration of the Learning Management System (LMS), and the training section of the Employee Staff Record. Based in the Learning and Development team, you will work closely with the Workforce, Clinical Education, Digital and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) departments, and SMEs from other Divisions in the organisation.
This is an exciting time to join the Trust as we look to deepen our blended learning approach with a genuine mix of in-person and digital learning interventions.Main duties of the job
Deputise for the Learning and Development ManagerThe role will ensure the Manager is informed about team activities and key issues. They will foster effective team communication, oversee daily operations, assist in conducting Learning Needs Analysis, maintain clear procedures, and collaborate with stakeholders on mandatory training and relevant activity. The postholder will engage with staff at all levels and support the team with other duties as required.
InductionSpearhead the design and delivery of Trust induction with input from the L& D Manager, serving as a liaison for complex decisions in this area.
Learning AnalyticsThe postholder will gather and analyse relevant data, evaluate projects, identify improvements, and address learning needs, share knowledge and ensure we apply and maintain standardisation and accepted benchmarks.
Digital Learning EcosystemSupport the L& D Manager in procuring and implementing a new Learning Management System (LMS). As we innovate to meet the organisation's learning needs.
We're looking for:Proven healthcare training and development experience, collaborative 'team-first' attitude, a curious, questioning mindset, excellent administrative abilities, superior attention to detail, ability to work independently and evidenced knowledge of Oracle and Moodle/Totara Learning Management Systems.About us
Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is the UK's leading heart and lung hospital, delivering care to more than 50,000 patients a year in its new state-of-the-art hospital in Cambridge. We perform the most heart and/or lung transplants in the UK and carried out the UK's first successful heart transplant in 1979. It also offers emergency heart attack treatment, sleep centre care and is one of just five centres nationally for those in severe respiratory failure.
Based on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus the largest centre of medical research and health science in Europe the Trust is at the heart of treatments of the future. Royal Papworth became the first hospital trust in the country to be rated outstanding in all five areas assessed by the Care Quality Commission - a rating it still holds today. The Trust holds its values of compassion, excellence & collaboration at its core, and all colleagues joining the team are expected to uphold these in their day-to-day roles & interactions. Royal Papworth is proud of its diverse workforce and encourages people to embrace their individuality.
The Trust values difference and welcomes all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, race, religion & belief, sex and sexual orientation. Providing they meet the minimum post criteria, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview.
For a street view tour: https://royalpapworth.nhs.uk/virtual-tourJob descriptionJob responsibilities
On this page you will find a Role Profile which provides information about the hospital and full details about the role. We recommend that you review this and refer to it as you complete your application. Please include how you will meet the Trust Values Compassion, Excellence and Collaboration. If you would like more information about the role or working at Royal Papworth Hospital, please get in touch with the contact for this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of with in-depth experience to post graduate level within Education, Learning or Development
- Management qualification or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continued learning and development
- Project management qualification or relevant experience (e.g. PRINCE2)
- Experience in the line management, or supervision of staff
- Competent in Microsoft Office programmes including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of producing reports that are shared with senior management
- Experience of undertaking project work
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Experience of implementing change within a service/team
- Experience of using improvement methodologies, evidence based best practice and learning from other organisations to implement new systems and ways of working
- Organised, ability to prioritise own workload and the workload of others.
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable using systems, ideally those used for recruitment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex and sensitive issues
- Ability to problem solve complex challenges
- Ability to adapt and change focus on competing demands and pressures
- Ability to support equality and value diversity in the workplace
- Ability to support the development and delivery of training of new systems to internal stakeholders.
- A thorough understanding of ESR/OLM and related learning platforms needed to deliver a modern learning offering.
- Education or Learning and Development experience
- Experience of working in the NHS
- Experience of working in high pressurised environment.
- A thorough understanding of market leading learning platforms.
- Ability to deliver Education training to service users
- Able to lead complex changes with tight time frames
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please provide evidence of your commitment to uphold the Trust's values: Compassion, Excellence, Collaboration
- Flexible approach to working hours (including the ability to work out of hours/at weekends on occasion if required)
Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kingfisher Way, Hinchingbrooke Business Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.