The NHS is changing. More emphasis on community-based care means there's never been a better time to join us.
We're recruiting now for compassionate healthcare professionals who want time with their patients. Time to treat the whole person, not just the condition. Time to focus on what they want to achieve and how we can help them to get there.
We are looking for an Emergency Care Practitioner to join our team covering Sevenoaks UTC, Gravesend UTC, Sheppey MIU, Sittingbourne MIU, Folkestone UTC, Deal UTC.Main duties of the job
Working in a fast paced, dynamic and challenging environment as part of the team you will undertake a comprehensive assessment of all patients attending the department, making a clinical diagnosis and implementing the management strategies necessary for the safe discharge/referral of patients without direct supervision but within clinical guidelines and protocols.
You will support the department senior team and use mentoring skills to support your mire junior colleagues.
For more information about the role or community care, please get in touch.
Please note, this vacancy does not meet the criteria for skilled worker sponsorship. Therefore, we are unable to accept applications from candidates that cannot provide documentary evidence of right to work in the United Kingdom.About us
One of the largest community NHS trusts in the UK, KCHFT are rated 'outstanding' by the CQC. We've got a passion for delivering high standards of care to patients and deliver excellent services to improve the health of our communities. To do this we need outstanding people who share our values C
We're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, which leads to better patient care and a happier workforce. So, all our colleagues have equal access to career opportunities.
We've signed up to be a real UK living wage employer. From September 2022, the minimum salary we'll pay is �10.90 per hour (excluding apprentices). The real Living Wage is the only UK wage rate voluntarily paid by 7,000+ UK businesses who believe their staff deserve a fair wage. Committing to the real UK Living Wage is one way we're delivering our pledge to be the best employer
Flexibility is another way we do this. In the NHS, we're reminded every day how important life is. As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want you to be able to work in a way that is best for us, for our patients and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement without having to sacrifice time for personal interests or family commitments. We'll support you to work flexibly in a way that will suits us both
Looking for professional development? We can support that too! Our career pathways will help you achieve your aspirationsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The job description and person specification gives you all the information you need about this role. Please look carefully at the criteria in the person specification and tell us what you have done that shows you meet this.
Still have questions? The recruiting manager would love to hear from you, their contact details can be found in the job advert.
We can get a lot of applications for some roles so to be in with the best chance of being shortlisted please make sure you apply as soon as possible. A vacancy may close early if there is a lot of interest in the job.
If you need an application form in an alternative format please let our recruitment team know so they can help you with this.
All information you supply on your application should, to the best of your knowledge, be true and accurate. Interviews are due to take place virtually on the 20th Feb 2022.
Find out more about the community difference here.
Good luck! We cant wait to meet you and welcome you to #teamKCHFT, #cometocommunity
Although vaccination against COVID-19 is not mandatory, we are strongly encouraging colleagues in clinical and non-clinical roles who have direct or social contact with patients to be fully vaccinated. In this way we will be doing all we can to ensure your safety and that of your colleagues and the patients we serve.Person SpecificationEducation and qualificationsEssential
- First Level Registered Nurse Diploma/Degree or relevant experience. Registered Paramedic HPC ENB 998/Preparation for mentors Evidence of relevant specialist courses and continuing professional development (minor illness/minor injury) at level 3 A& E radiology, Imaging Regulation and Initial Imaging (red dot) course) Immediate Life Support - adults and children-defibrillation Proven record of mandatory training Child and adult protection knowledge IT NVQ or relevant experience
- Independent Nurse Prescriber Leadership or similar management course
- Professional knowledge and competence in the autonomous management of undifferentiated patients, recognising limitations of the role and personal accountability. Administration of medications within Patient Group Directions (PGD's) Management of patients with minor injuries and minor illnesses Personal achievement at work Shift Co-ordinator Organisational responsibilities Experience of dealing with difficult complex and sensitive situations
- Nominated Officer for fire Emergency Planning Training Risk assessment Human resource issues i.e. appraisal, recruitment and absence management
- Able to undertake assessment and treatment of patients including ordering and interpreting relevant investigations i.e. x-rays Highly developed advanced physical skills in hand eye co-ordination when dexterity and degree of speed and precision is required i.e. suturing and application of plaster of paris Computer literacy Able to present information logically and concisely both written and verbally Good interpersonal skills - able to communicate with staff at all levels and disciplines as well s patients, relatives, carers and the multidisciplinary team Able to communicate complex and sensitive issues including barriers to understanding requiring empathy and negotiation skills Able to teach / supervise / facilitate other in all aspects of patient care within the service Able to inspire confidence in patients and colleagues
- Team management Health promotion skills
- Understanding of autonomous role Decision making and problem solving skills Calm under pressure Motivated, enthusiastic and innovative A good sense of humour Committed to patient focussed care Team player Organisational skills Able to work flexibly, according to the needs of the service, including internal rotation.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Can identify effective means of coping with stress
Kent Community Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Gravesham Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.