We have an exciting opportunity to join our Pelvic and Maternal Health Physiotherapy team. As post holder you will work with Physiotherapists and Assistant staff undertaking a variety of clinical and non-clinical tasks to support the delivery of physiotherapy services to our patients. You will support junior staff and students, and will work alongside and delegate to assistant staff and have a significant role in the team with teaching opportunities.
You will receive supervision and annual appraisal and take an active role within your own personal development via internal and external training opportunities .
Why Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital?
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital is a beautiful, purpose built, modern hospital with bright and airy atriums. It is the 6th largest acute hospital in the UK with new clinics and services being introduced each year, the possibilities are endless. It is a leading teaching hospital with world-class facilities and we have strong links to both the University of East Anglia and Norwich Research Park, both of which are located in close proximity, making NNUH a unique location for collaborative working. Physiotherapy is playing an instrumental role in the exciting developments in the Trust and our team is growing. Our patients rate us highly on quality of care and having friendly approachable staff. Face to Face attendance will be a requirement for the Interview Interview Date: 6th October 2023Main duties of the job
To assess, prioritise, treat and manage own caseload of patients within the specific speciality. To determine clinical diagnosis and treatment indicated and maintain records as a legally autonomous practitioner. Patient presentation may be complex.
To work closely with the MDTs to ensure high quality patient care and participate on behalf of the Physiotherapy team in daily MDT meetings.
To train, supervise and monitor other physiotherapists, physiotherapy assistant practitioners, assistants and to performance manage students.
To have an active role in the planning, development, coordination, delivery and evaluation of the Physiotherapy service provided to patients within and out-reaching from the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
To support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service, all staff are expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate NNUH's 'PRIDE' values of People focused, Respect, Dedication, Integrity and Excellence.
Excellent communication, time management and people management skills are essential for this role. Participation in the out of hours rota for weekend and Bank Holiday working is a requirement of the postAbout us
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N& N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
The following skills and experience will be required and are essential for the successful candidates:
Please refer to the Job Description for the full specification of responsibilities and requirements for this post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of own work.
- To maintain a high standard of clinical care for patients under your management.
- To accept clinical responsibility for a defined caseload of patients and to organise this efficiently and effectively with regard to clinical priorities and use of time. Rotation specific clinical duties are outlined in Appendix 1.
- To use communication tools (verbal and non-verbal) and assess understanding of treatment proposals to gain valid informed consent. With support, to work within a legal framework with patients who lack the capacity to consent to treatment.
- To collect relevant patient information from a variety of sources e.g. radiology images, other investigations to assist with clinical prioritisation and patient management. This may also include ward handovers, observation charts, medical and nursing records etc.
- To undertake the comprehensive specialist assessment of patients using investigative and analytical skills.
- To make a clinical diagnosis based on presenting signs and symptoms.
- Diploma / degree in Physiotherapy
- Registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (UK)
- Postgraduate experience in areas relevant to the clinical specialties in the rotation programme
- oStudent or physiotherapy assistant direct supervision
- Ability to take an active role in the development of physiotherapy services
- Excellent command of the English language
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective role model, demonstrating NNUH's PRIDE values of People focussed, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Norfolk and Norwich University HospitalAddress
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.