Are you an experienced midwife who strives to deliver a gold standard of care? If so then we want you!
Our Queen Charlottes Labour Ward is seeking an experienced, clinical labour ward midwife to support in the smooth running of our delivery suite.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Co-ordinating patient flow to ensure safe, effective person centred care is achieved.
Demonstrate leadership skills in the form of clinical education, clinical support, mentorship and effective prioritisation.
Co-ordinating the involvement of the multidisciplinary team within the designated area to ensure safe and holistic care.
Join our exceptional, diverse team of maternity staff at Imperial. Based at St Mary's Hospital, Queen Charlotte's & Chelsea Hospital, and beyond, we're not just any team we offer world-class maternity services! We care for everyone, from high-risk to lower-risk pregnancies, ensuring variety for staff and service users.
Fuelled by innovation, we embrace the latest resources and developments, always striving for forward-thinking improvements. This role isn't just a job it's a thrilling journey to reshape maternity care together!Main duties of the job
- Working on a rotational rota of both long day and night shifts you will be responsible for the efficient and effective management of the pregnant woman's journey through maternity services
- The post holder will support the Matrons and Head of Midwifery in and out of hours, providing senior oversight to ensure the best patient and staff safety and care is delivered
- You will co-ordinate the twice daily maternity safety huddles and participate in the trust site capacity call out of hours
- You will coordinate the QCCH maternity response in the event of a trust major incident and also attend and support maternity emergency calls on the QCCH or HH site.
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ qualificationsEssential
- Registered Midwife
- SSSA Practice Assessor/ Mentorship qualification
- Specialist expertise across a range of midwifery procedures
- Degree or equivalent
- NLS course
- Master's degree or working towards
- Ability to practice clinically in all areas of a fully integrated maternity service
- High-level decision-making and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- 3 to 4 years' experience as a band 6 midwife
- Understanding of complaints management.
- Knowledge and experience of using Datix
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of initiating and implementing change processes.
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Queen Charlotte's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.