CLCH Hertfordshire Adult Community Services -
CLCH NHS Trust provides a range of Community Services, and the Hertfordshire Division is recruiting!
Following significant investment into community stroke services for Herts Valleys, we are now welcoming applications from enthusiastic Occupational Therapists with an interest and, ideally, experience in stroke rehabilitation to work collaboratively within the new Integrated Community Stroke Service (ICSS) offering both community and discharge pathways.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is conscientious and adaptable. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and will be able to demonstrate an adaptable approach whilst meeting guidelines and stroke standards as well as being part of the new stroke pathway. Main duties of the job
This modern stroke service infrastructure follows the national service model and is delivered by a multidisciplinary team offering stroke rehabilitation in patients own home in and around West Hertfordshire,
at a range of intensities. Within the model we have the following:
- Early Supported Discharge (ESD), commonly a course of high-intensity rehabilitation that a patient receives over up to 6 weeks following a discharge for mild-moderate new stroke.
- Neurological Enhanced Transition Team (NETT), commonly a course of high-intensive rehabilitation delivered up to 6 weeks following a discharge for moderate to severe new stroke or other neurological conditions.
- Community referral, which is for patients experiencing a change in their daily function directly related to a pre-existing stroke injury.
Central London Community Healthcare (CLCH) is one of the largest community healthcare organisations in London and Hertfordshire, providing our services to diverse communities/boroughs in 11 London Boroughs - Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hounslow, Kensington and Chelsea, Merton, Richmond, Wandsworth, Westminster - and Hertfordshire.
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefits
At CLCH we appreciate and are proud of the diversity in the communities we serve and the workforce we employ. Applications are open and welcome to anyone, regardless of your age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, and disability. We are proud to say that we follow the workforce race equality standard and 28% of our senior staff (8A and above) are from a BAME background. CLCH also has active BAME and LGBTQI networks.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for full list ofresponsibilities. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Are you an experienced Occupational Therapist, looking for a new challenge? Do you love seeing patients achieve their goals? Would you like to be involved in developing provision for stroke patients? Would you like to work in a supportive, friendly and passionate multidisciplinary team?
- If this is you, then come and work with us in our ICSS Team. We are seeking an enthusiastic skilled OT to be part of the OT team. You will form an essential part of a dedicated, knowledgeable multi-disciplinary team that regularly engages with team and individual clinical supervision. Development and training opportunities are available through the CLCH Academy.
- Diploma/degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current AHP with UK HCPC registration
- Evidence of up to date CPD portfolio
- Involvement in Appraisal Scheme
- Attendance at specialist short courses or equivalent CPD activities within the specialist areas of Adult Rehabilitation, Neurology, Older People Rehabilitation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Member of a Special Interest Group relevant to this post
- Member of BAOT / RCOT
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Harpenden Memorial Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.