Community District Nurse/Sister/Charge Nurse - hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our multidisciplinary community team as a Community District Nurse/Sister/ Charge Nurse. This includes coordinating and delegating individual patient care by working across boundaries within secondary and social care settings. The role is that of a caseload holder, providing clinical case management for patients with complex health needs who are at risk of deterioration which may result in declining quality of life, avoidable hospital admissions, or an unnecessary length of hospital stay.Main duties of the job
Community District Nurse Sister/Charge Nurse
Some of your main duties will include (but not exclusive to)
a) In conjunction with other key professionals you will be accountable for a patient caseload and delegate responsibility to other professionals within the multidisciplinary team.
b) Case management of individual patient who may have complex needs.
c) To apply advanced assessment of physical, mental and social care needs to provide clinical care and health promoting interventions that help avoidunnecessary hospital admission.
d) To interpret clinical signs and symptoms and diagnostic tests in order todevelop a treatment plan and /or treatment in conjunction with medicalpractitioners as appropriate. Provide advice to the widerhealthcare team to improve outcomes of patient care.
e) Enable patients to be as independent as possible facilitating a range of self management strategies.
Please see the attached job description for full details. About us
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) is the largest community healthcare provider in Sussex.
- Over 8,400 full time, part time and bank staff members
- Medical, nursing and therapeutic care provided to over 10,000 children and adults a day
- July 2018 Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating of 'Good' with 'Outstanding' features
- Flexible working patterns offered across all services
- Thriving BAME, Disability and Wellbeing, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief staff networks
- Accredited Level 3 Disability Confident Leader
SCFT is an inclusive employer that promotes equality and challenges discrimination, and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, disabled candidates and LGBT+ candidates are particularly encouraged, to ensure the Trust's workforce reflects the diverse communities it serves.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Community Sister/ District Nurse / Charge Nurse will work in partnership with individuals and their carers to develop a personalised plan of care and will be responsible for planning, proactively monitoring and anticipating the changing needs of these individuals, co-ordinating their care across all parts of the health and social care system. The Community Sister/ District Nurse/ Charge nurse will hold overall responsibility for a designated caseload and manage/delegate the delivery of care by the integrated team.
Please see job description for further information.Person SpecificationQualificatonsEssential
- Registered General Nurse
- ENB 998/Mentorship Qualification
- Post registration study
- Community Speacilist Practice qualification
- Case Management
- Physical Assessment
- Community nursing experience
- 2 years Post registration experience
- Experience of working in a multi disciplinary team
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Band 5 development course
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Triaging patients
- Experience of Case Management
- Understanding of equality and diversity
- Knowledge of Adult Safeguarding
- Range of community based clinical skills including catheters, wound management, end of life care and long term condition management
- Managing supervision and appraisal
Sussex Community NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Southgate Medical Group
137 Brighton Road, Southgate
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.