It is no secret that we have an outstanding rating from the CQC, our staff survey results are one of the best in the country, that we are leaders in digital maturity and that we have a mature Quality Improvement approach to innovation and development.
What else we can offer you? Besides all of this is the chance to have time to pursue your own interests, so if they lie in R& D, QI, or management & leadership well support you.
In 2021 Berkshire Healthcare was 4th out of the 48 community and mental health trusts for the number of research projects we recruited to, and have refreshed our research strategy and are looking for enthusiastic colleagues to develop and implement our research programme.
QI, the Trust is very active in terms of quality improvement, including the opportunity to gain fully accredited QI qualifications.
If you wish to play a pivotal role in leading and developing the service, the opportunities are there. Equally if you wish to develop in this area, we are happy to support and nurture your talent to allow you to take on such roles in the future.Main duties of the job
Please see the attached Physician Associate job description together with the person specification for this role.About us
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (BHFT) was formed in April 2001 and successfully became licensed as a Foundation Trust in May 2007. In April 2011 the community services which were previously the provider arms of NHS Berkshire East and NHS Berkshire West PCTs merged with the Trust.
The main centres of population are Reading in the West of the County and Slough in the East. Within Berkshire there are also major populations at Newbury, Wokingham in the West and Bracknell, Maidenhead, Windsor and Ascot in the East, as well and many significant urban developments in smaller towns forming essentially a single conurbation along the M4 Corridor.
Berkshire is characterised by concentrations of population and large rural areas. It includes some of the most affluent and least deprived communities in the country, but also has pockets of markedly deprived wards. The Trust is part of two Integrated Care Systems (Frimley ICS and Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire & Berkshire West ICS) and partners with six local unitary authorities.
The trust has an outstanding CQC rating.
BHFT employs over 4000 people working from more than 100 sites.
At Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, our mission is to maximise independence and quality of life. Our vision is to be the best place to give care, the best place to get care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Physician Associate job description together with the person specification for this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BA/BS Degree prior to undertaking PA program
- The Physician Associate must be a postgraduate of an Physician Associate training program and be registered on the PA-MVR held at the FPARCP
- Training required in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively
- Ability to exercise sound judgements when faced with conflicting pressures
- Experience of conducting clinical audit
- Ability to respond to questions in a tactful and professional manner
- Ability to adhere to regulations as well as work flexibly to meet the needs of the Trust
- Energy and enthusiasm and the ability to work under pressure
- An inquiring and critical approach to work
- Caring attitude toward patients
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, patients, relatives, nurses, other staff and agencies
- Commitment to professional development.
- Previous experience of psychiatry or medical experience in a general hospital setting
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to motivate and develop the multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to manage and lead a working group
- Knowledge of psychiatric interventions and terminology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Prospect Park Hospital
Honey End Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.