Deputy Sister/ Charge nurse- Emergency Surgery
Main duties of the job
- We are a General Surgical ward that predominantly cares for non-elective surgical patients-Urology. You will be working within an extended MDT comprised of Surgeons, Therapists, Nurses, Health Care Support Workers and Admin staff in a fast paced, dynamic environment. You will be expected to deliver evidence based high quality care to all patients.
- We have a strong focus on multidisciplinary team working, which helps to ensures a complete approach to patient centred care. We are looking for applicants who have a passion to embrace new and innovative ways of managing change and believe that the patient experience is central to the delivery of care.
- There are good opportunities for your continuing professional development within Hampshire Hospitals, and this will be supported and encouraged by the Clinical Matron and Senior Ward Sister.
- If you are an experienced nurse, who is looking to take the next steps in your career, to take on a role with additional leadership and management responsibilities then we would really like to hear from you.
The Band 6 role is the key supporting function to the Band 7 to enable the optimal care of our patients and to the success of our Trust. The delivery of a high quality, effective and compassionate care is the most important role within the organisationAbout us
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (HHFT) provides hospital services to around 570,000 people living in Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire, and specialist services to patients from all over the country. We deliver a full range of district hospital services in a variety of locations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.Person SpecificationTraining & QualificationsEssential
- Degree level education or equivalent knowledge and skills gained through any combination of alternative study, or employment experience
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Post registration qualification(s) in field of expertise
- Evidence of implementing significant changes or service developments that promote good practice
Skills & AbilityEssential
- Experience of staff supervision and mentorship including, employee relations, performance, conduct and training needs analysis
- Advanced communication skills including to communicate complex, sensitive or confidential information in an appropriate manner to liaise effectively to understand and disseminate multifaceted information
Employer detailsEmployer name
- To demonstrate the required behaviour in keeping with the Trust values
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.