An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced registered health professional to join the Medicine Division, within Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, in the role of Deputy Head of Radiology, to manage a portfolio of diagnostic services. This role includes full operational oversight for the designated portfolio of services, as well as ensuring they are well governed to the highest standards, to meet the needs of our patients. In addition, the Post Holder will support ongoing transformational projects across group, alongside various stakeholders.Main duties of the job
The role includes working closely with Clinicians, Team Leaders and the Senior Management Team, and multiple providers of health and social care across the primary and secondary care interface.
The Post Holder will provide exceptional management and leadership in both a clinical and operational capacity. The successful candidate will have an excellent track record in leading groups of staff through change, with a shared vision and a common purpose and will have experience of achieving key performance targets.
Operational and clinical oversight of a portfolio of diagnostic.
Utilising clinical expertise to improve patient pathwaysAbout us
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest employers in the area and we are on an exciting journey. Our mission is to provide safe, compassionate, and clinically excellent patient care, by being an outstanding employer for our people. We have entered into a Group Model with neighbouring Northampton General Hospital and have become University Hospitals of Northamptonshire.
Our Excellence Values:
AccountableJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- The post-holder is responsible to the Head of Radiology and works closely with the Modality Leads, Clinical and other speciality clinical leads to ensure leadership and management of resource, performance and standards of care
- The post-holder will annually review and implement the business plan for the services and contribute to the strategic direction of these specialised national, regional and local services in consultation with commissioners, and the Trust whilst optimising efficiency within the set financial budget to achieve SIP/CIP annual targets.
- The post-holder will work with the clinical leads in the delivery of activity within commissioned plans and waiting times, workforce planning, benchmarking and business planning.
- The post-holder will work within the group model to ensure the provision of services meet the patient requirements.
- The post-holder will ensure that services operate and develop in line with the Trusts core values: compassion, accountability, respect, integrity and courage
- Where required, the post-holder will have management responsibility for service accreditation by commissioners and other external bodies and management responsibility for peer review assessments.
- The post-holder will provide leadership within the organisation and be a line manager for staff within the directorate.
- The post-holder will manage and contribute to Trust-level projects.
- The post-holder will investigate incidents and complaints, ensuring lessons learnt and disseminated.
- The post includes duty manager responsibilities during the normal working day and out-of-hours where normal hours are exceeded.
- Leadership qualification or equivalent experience
- Management qualification or equivalent experience
- BSc Radiography or equivalent
- HCPC Registered
- Significant experience Clinical Leadership within an NHS setting
- NHS experience at post graduate level
- Ability to successfully manage people and change
- Previous experience in leading a team
- Expert knowledge of Imaging issues
- Expert knowledge of professional guidelines, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of patient pathways, and the key role of diagnostic imaging
- Experience of review/appraisal, sickness monitoring training
- An understanding of current issues relating to the NHS
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective leadership skills
- Able to convey accurate information to patients and colleagues ensuring comprehension of complex data
- Complete documentation accurately and collate data for meetings
- Able to lead / chair meetings and negotiate agreement between staff groups
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kettering General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.