We are now looking for new team members to join the staff bank and compliment the current well-established teams within our outpatient physiotherapy departments.
We have bank shifts available at both our sites at Tunbridge Wells Hospital and Maidstone Hospital and can offer flexible hours and days Monday- Friday between the hours of 8am - 6pm.
We have opportunities in our specialist areas of musculoskeletal physiotherapy, Pelvic health and our hand therapy team.
So if you are looking for some regular or adhoc hours over the coming months, we have something to suit your needs.
Please ensure that you state the speciality you are interested in applying for in your supporting statement.Main duties of the job
The physiotherapy outpatients department is based across Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells sites. You will join an enthusiastic and dedicated team, which includes Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists, offering an excellent opportunity to develop your skills within a supportive and friendly learning environment.
Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential to facilitate the management a variety of conditions referred by Trauma and Orthopaedics, Rheumatology, Virtual Fracture Clinic, General Practice and our community colleagues.About us
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is a large acute hospital Trust in the county of Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of general hospital services and some areas of specialist complex care to around 500,000 people living in the south part of West Kent and the north part of East Sussex.
The Trust's core catchment areas are Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells and their surrounding boroughs. We work from two main clinical sites: Maidstone Hospital and Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Tunbridge Wells Hospital opened in 2011 and provides single rooms with en-suites for all in-patients - the first of its kind in the country.
We employ over 6,500 full and part-time staff in a huge range of clinical and non-clinical roles across both of our hospital sites.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Once your pre-employment checks have been completed you will be contacted by Recruitment to arrange your start date which will be in line with one of our Corporate Inductions.
Following your Corporate Induction you will be expected to attend the Trusts 2-week Induction Programme for RNs, NAs, RMs, ODPs and Paramedics. The programme is full-time (please email email@example.com if this is problematic)and will involve travel to both Trust sites. The programme includes supernumerary shifts in the clinical area, classroom-based sessions and e-learning.
Please note that appointment to this post will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check at Enhanced Level. (Enhanced level now includes regulated checks against vulnerable adults and children)
At MTW, we seek to develop a culture where everyone can reach their full potential with opportunities to grow and develop their career. We recognise and value the unique contributions that each of our staff bring, delivering the best quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to being a diverse employer and strive to reflect everyone in our local communities. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that will make our Trust the best place to work. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Diploma / degree/ MSc in Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy
- Health Professions Council Registration
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Member of British Association of Hand Therapists.
- Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy or British Association of Occupational Therapists
- BAHT Level I qualification.
- Experience working in specialsit interest area.
- Experience of working as part of a therapy team and/or multidisciplinary team.
- Very good knowledge of the anatomy and biomechanics
- Knowledge of common orthopaedic and rheumatology injuries/conditions and how they are managed.
- Involvement in audit, research and understanding quality issues.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Skills in fabrication, alteration and review of upper limb splints.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate.
- Able to utilise a range of assessment tools including goniometry, dynamometry, sensory and motor assessment, functional assessment and patient rated outcome measures.
- Safe and effective application of a range of practical treatment skills relevant to hand therapy (e.g. scar management, exercise prescription, ultrasound prescription and application, advice on small aids and adaptations, joint protection advice, functional retraining).
- Ability to Problem Solve.
- Competent IT skills.
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS TrustAddress
Bank shifts at either Maidstone or Tunbridge Wells Hospital
Tunbridge Wells / Maidstone
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.