Are you a final year Orthoptic student looking for a job which will provide support, consolidate skills and offer development opportunities? Our friendly and dynamic team welcomes applications from graduates who are keen to learn and grow. Preceptorship and competency training offered as well as weekly ocular motility teaching sessions. If you're curious about the posts and would like to learn more please call 01223 216528 and leave a message for Daisy MacKeith or email email@example.comMain duties of the job
- Providing timely Orthoptic and visual field services at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust and off site Clinics, as required by the Head Orthoptist or their deputy.
- Participating in the supervision and clinical instruction.
About usOur Trust
- Contribute to departmental teaching, research and audit.
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital in Cambridge. With over 11000 staff and over 1100 beds the priorities of the Trust focus on a quality service which is all about people - patients, staff and partners. Recognised as providing 'outstanding' care to our patients and rated 'Good' overall by the Care Quality Commissioner, is testament to the skill and dedication of the people who work here. CUH's values - Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent - are at the heart of patient care, defining the way all staff work and behave. The Trust provides accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge, together with specialist services, dealing with rare or complex conditions for a regional, national and international population.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organisation irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
Please note:- Internal applicants on permanent contracts can only apply for the fixed term post as a secondment and must have the approval of your current line manager before applying.
A welcome subsidy of �1000 is available to all Band 5 and Band 6 Nurses, Midwives, ODPs and Radiographers and Band 5 Orthoptists taking up substantive employment with the Trust.
The advert will close at midnight on 28 September 2023. Benefits to you
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- -Orthoptic Degree or Diploma recognised for State Registration
- -State Registration with the HCPC
- -Degree awarded at 2:1 or above
- -Exemptions Qualification
- -Experience of the investigation, diagnosis and management of complex ocular motility defects
- -Experience of assessment of children/adults with special needs
- -Experience of Visual Field examination using Humphrey Visual Field Analyser
- -Understanding of clinical audit
- -Experience of Octopus Visual Fields
- -Experience of Optical Coherence Tomography
- -Experience in a tertiary referral hospital
- -Evidence of good Orthoptic knowledge
Desirable Additional RequirementsEssential
- -Good interpersonal and communication skills
- -Clear documentation skills
- -Ability to seek advice and guidance when necessary
- -Effective time management and prioritisation skills
- -Ability to self motivate
- -Able to work well within a team and on your own
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of Safe, Kind, Excellent.
- -Ability to maintain clear and accurate patient records
- -Awareness of personal strengths and weaknesses
Employer detailsEmployer name
- -Interest in clinical research
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Addenbrookes Hospital-Division D
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.