Permanent - Full time 37.5 hours per week
Band 6 AFC �35392 - �42618
The Informatics Department in the North East Ambulance Service has an opportunity for a PowerApps Developer to join a growing, dynamic, and busy team.
As a PowerApps Developer, you will be part of the Development Team where you will be involved in the production and maintenance of low code PowerApps solutions assisting in the creation of solutions to increase productivity across the trust both in operations and support services. You will be involved in the complete development process following trust development standards.
You will work alongside other members of the development team and be point of escalation for all Power Platform related issues. You will need a strong applied knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform services (PowerApps, Power Automate, Dataverse) and a basic understanding of version control practices.Main duties of the job
This role also includes the maintenance and development of the Trusts extensive infrastructure, with experience of SharePoint and SQL server a definite advantage.
The right applicant will be expected to liaise with the services customers to identify their requirements and produce suitable solutions within agreed timescales.
As a PowerApps Developer will also ask you to contribute technical advice and direction for the team and to mentor our Developers.
We employ 3,500 staff in 63 locations and serve a population of 2,600,000 in Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, County Durham, and Tees over 3230 square miles.
Many people think the job of the ambulance service is to collect patients and take them to hospital, but we do much more!
Paramedic skills have developed hugely in recent years, meaning we carry out more treatment at the scene and en-route to hospital.
We have a dedicated clinical assessment service that allows us to provide patients with the most appropriate care from the beginning of the patient journey.
We have a specialised branch of the Trust called HART which deal with explosions or terrorist attacks.
Ultimately patients are the heart of everything that we do to support our mission of safe, effective and responsive care for all.
We value and respect the diversity employees bring to our workplace. We recruit a workforce that reflects the community we serve, and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. To ensure we deliver on our aims in relation to diversity and inclusion we assess ourselves against a range of frameworks. We are ENEI Gold employer, Disability Confident Leader, Dyslexia Smart Award employer, Dementia Friendly, and part of Mind Blue Light programme and the Race at Work Charter from the Princes Responsible Business Network and are achieving across all objectives in NHS Equality Delivery System.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description document for further details of the main responsibilities of this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualified to Degree level in Computer Science or related subject or extensive experience in the field
- Extensive knowledge of software development and experience of system development using node.js and C# with MVC.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Highly numerate, computer literate and practiced in statistical analysis.
- Being able to interpret information, analyse and present information according to need and use for comparison, planning, monitoring and improvement.
- Relevant experience in a health or social care setting with an information system development focus.
- Knowledge and experience of test driven development.
- Experience of GIS software.
- Development experience in google maps API or similar.
- Experience with Angular.js and big data.
- High level of competency in the application of understanding and interpretation of information, (often complex information), establishing patterns and change, support diagnosis of problems, including the aptitude to spot problems early.
- Has good levels of critical thinking skills, problem solving ability and can think creatively to stimulate action
- Experience in the theoretical and formal use of tools and techniques in data collection, manipulation and analysis, including planning, forecasting and modelling and database knowledge to support business planning, service redesign, lever change and improve performance.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience with information systems, processes and uses of information with the NHS/DH.
North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bernicia House, Newburn Riverside Business Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.