Hampshire Hospitals are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly motivated Information Governance Officer to join our Information Governance team for 1 year to cover maternity leave. This is an opportunity to be part of an inclusive team helping the Trust meet its obligations under data protection legislation.
The successful candidate will help deliver and maintain the Data Security and Protection (DSP) communications plan, the DSP Assurance and Accountability Framework, and the DSP Training Programme.
The applicant will have experience of working in a data protection environment, have excellent communication skills and be highly organised. The post holder will have excellent time management skills, with the ability to re-prioritise as necessary in a changing environment, is confident to provide data protection support Trust wide, and can work productively and effectively on their own and as part of a small team.
The post may involve working onsite as well as remote/home working.Main duties of the job
Work with stakeholders to design and distribute communications material for internal and external audiences.
Conduct audits on the implementation and adherence to data security and protection across the Trust.
Coordinate reviews of data protection incidents, DPIAs, Data Sharing Agreements, Contracts, and Data Processing Agreements.
Maintain the Trust's DPIA Log, Information Asset Register, Records of Processing Activities (ROPA), and Data Sharing Agreement Log.
Devise and disseminate Lessons Learned material from the review of data protection incidents and breaches.
Coordinate the DSP Steering Group meetings create an agenda in collaboration with key stakeholders (Data Protection Officer, Information Security Manager, Caldicott Guardian and SIRO), capture minutes of the meeting, and maintain an action tracker.
Design and roll-out DSP training packages.
Support the Data Protection Officer in managing the process and response to Subject Access Requests from Trust staff.
Support the submission of the Data Security and Protection Toolkit.About us
Our vision is to provide outstanding care for every patient. Patient care is at the heart of what we do at our three sites: Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester and Andover War Memorial Hospital. Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides medical and surgical services to a population of approximately 600,000 people across Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire.
Our cultural ambition is to have a culture that places people at the heart of all we do, where we all belong, and where learning, improvement and excellence thrive.
We provide specialist services to people across the UK and internationally. We are one of only two centres in the UK treating pseudomyxoma peritonei (a rare form of abdominal cancer) and we are leaders in the field of tertiary liver cancer and colorectal cancer.
The trust employs more than 9,000 staff and has a turnover of over �500 million a year. As a Foundation Trust, we are directly accountable to our members through the governors. The Council of Governors represent the interests of their constituencies and influence the future plans of the Foundation Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.Person SpecificationTraining & QualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent knowledge and skills gained through any combination of alternative study, employment
- Evidence of continual professional development pertaining to this post
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Data Protection professional qualification(s)
- Communications qualification
- Expert knowledge and understanding of data protection legislation
- Knowledge of the Caldicott Principles, the ICO, the NHS DSPT, and the Records Management Code of Practice
- Experience of delivering communications material to a wide and varied audience
- Experience of report preparation and delivery
Skills & AbilityEssential
- Previous experience of working within the NHS or other healthcare setting
- Experience of working within the data protection field
- Experience in processing and responding to data subject rights requests
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrable ability to design and deliver clear and effective communications material and training packages
- Ability to effectively communicate well with all levels of staff, patients and external organisations (face-to-face, email/letter, telephone)
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, Teams)
- Highly organised with strong planning skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, prioritise and achieve goals
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Hampshire County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.