We are looking for an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic paediatric dietitian to join our team, working closely within the paediatric complex epilepsy MDT to provide highly specialist dietetic advice, education and support to patients, carers and other health professionals. The post holder will also be responsible for maintaining the established links with charitable organisations, support groups and other national ketogenic diet services.Main duties of the job
The paediatric ketogenic dietitian is a member of the dietetic and paediatric multidisciplinary teams. The post holder will play a key role in the nutritional management of this patient group and will provide highly specialist dietetic advice, education and support to patients, carers and other health professionals within the multidisciplinary team.
The role involves covering outpatient clinics as well as inpatients and the post holder will provide support to dietitians looking after patients under the care of the Evelina team if they are admitted to their local hospital.
The post holder will take the lead for ketogenic diets and work closely with the other Band 7 paediatric dietitian providing support and training and be actively involved in the Trust's clinical governance programme and quality agenda framework for ensuring continuing professional development, audit and research activities within this specialist area.About us
The post holder will join a wider paediatric dietetic team of 39 dietitians and dietetic assistants who cover a wide range of specialties including inherited metabolic disease, diabetes, renal, gastroenterology, complex feeding clinic and allergy.
The service is overseen by the Evelina London Lead Dietitian and the Paediatric team form part of the wider dietetic department of over 100 dietitians, with a focus on innovation, quality, education, development and well-being.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached detailed job description, which outlines the main responsibilities of this post. Person SpecificationQualifications/ EducationEssential
- Degree or Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics or equivalent qualification.
Professional/ Statutory RegistrationEssential
- BDA Paediatric Module 3
- Attendance at KetoCollege
- HCPC Registered Dietitian
- Member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA) or other body conferring professional insurance.
- Membership of BDA Paediatric Group
- Evidence of relevant Specialist Interest Group
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience with minimum 2 years in Paediatrics
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of training student dietitians
- Previous experience of conducting audits and / or research
- Evidence of CPD
- Experience in Ketogenic diets or related field
- Previous experience at senior level
- Sound clinical knowledge
- Good communication
- Organisational Skills
- Presentation skills
- Time Management
- Maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of current issues in dietetics
- Prioritise own work load
- Able to work under own initiative
- Able to achieve deadlines
- Ability to liaise with professionals at all levels
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Computer Literacy
- Demonstrate a flexible approach
- Demonstrate understanding of equal opportunities
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Evelina London Childrens Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road London
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.