We have an exciting opportunity at the Royal Free Hospital to recruit a clinical specialist Band 7 Occupational Therapist to become a part of our Renal Therapy Team.Main duties of the job
The role is part of an expanded therapy team that will work across an inpatient and outpatient setting and be responsible for interventions focussed on frailty management, supportive care and symptom management.
The successful candidate is required to be able to demonstrate the Trust Values and the responsibilities of the job description and person specification. The individual applying for this position should have experience and skills in integrated therapy working, be flexible and be able to work in an emerging role.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Occupational Therapist who is keen to develop their specialist clinical knowledge, management and service development skills.
The successful candidate should be forward thinking and pro-active with excellent organisational and clinical skills. Good communication skills and the ability to make autonomous decisions under pressure are also required. The successful applicant will be required to work 37.5 hours a week across an inpatient setting (based at the Royal Free Hospital, Hampstead) and community sites.
The Therapy Department will support the successful applicant by means of regular supervision, appraisal and training.About us
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow linkhttps://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationRoyal Free World Class ValuesEssential
Education & professional QualificationsEssential
- oDemonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
- oDegree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy
- oHPC Registration in OT
- oCompleted relevant post registration specialist courses for example: oOT assessments of specific conditions oOT treatment approaches oOutcome measures oSupervision Skills Training for staff and students oOT Practice Educator course
- oMember of Specialist OT Section group
- oSubstantial post-graduate work experience as an Occupational Therapist, predominately working with patients with physical and cognitive disabilities
- oConsiderable experience of being a Band 6 OT
- oExperience and ability of working in an acute and community setting
- oExperience of teaching and supervising less experienced staff.
- oExperience of teaching and supervising OT students.
- oDemonstrated ability to work autonomously and use own initiative.
Skills and aptitudesEssential
- oMotivational Interviewing/ Behaviour Change training (CBT or facilitation skills)
Personal Qualities & attributesEssential
- oKnowledge and experience in the use of occupational therapy models of practice
- oDemonstrate effective communication skills to a range of audiences eg users, carers and other professionals
- oExperience of working effectively and efficiently as part of an MDT.
- oDemonstrated clear understanding of clinical governance and its application to the work setting.
- oKnowledge of quality assurance and audit programmes in line with requirements for Clinical Governance
- oKnowledge of research and development process, Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- oAbility to lead a small team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oProfessionally fluent in written and oral English.
- oAbility to carry out manual handling practices.
- oUnderstanding and compliance of: ocurrent NHS and Social Care Policies oEqual Opportunities
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Free Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.