An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Site Practitioner to join our established and dynamic team at The Royal Marsden. We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated nurse, with oncology or acute care experience. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work autonomously is essential. As is the ability for fast and effective clinical decision making to support safety and quality across the organisation.
The clinical site practitioner role at the Royal Marsden is an amazing opportunity for development, as it is a senior position within the organisation providing dualistic operational and clinical support for patients undergoing surgery, systemic anti-cancer therapies, radiotherapy and complex symptom management needs. The role is fundamental to the safe running and flow of the Trust and an amazing chance to progress your career.
You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively across the organisation and be exposed to a myriad of engaging experiences. The successful candidate will be predominately based on our Chelsea site but occasional flexibility to support in Sutton would be advantageous. The clinical site practitioner is a vital component of the Hospital at Night team and must be covered 24/7. As a result, applicants will be required to work long days, nights and weekends.Main duties of the job
The post holder is an experienced Registered nurse that uses advanced assessment and diagnostic skills to care for patients. They will work within the Clinical site practitioner team which provides a service to ensure inpatients experiences are co-ordinated and efficient.
The Role includes the provision of advanced nursing care to patients and includes performing full health assessment and co-ordinating all aspects of the patients' admission. The role also includes providing clinical leadership and management of the site, a 24 hours service.
Acting as an autonomous practitioner, the post holder will triage emergency admissions, provide leadership to ward staff, co-ordinate beds and manage any incidents on site. The position requires good communications and collaboration with medical colleagues.About us
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust is the largest comprehensive cancer centre in Europe with an international reputation for high-quality patient care, research, development and education. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 5 nurse in Private Outpatients.
We are looking for a committed, enthusiastic and self-motivated nurse within an interest in oncology to join our well-established team. Our commitment is to meet the Trust's goals of highest standards of service and caring excellence for our patients and their relatives with professionalism, respect and dignity. Private outpatients in Chelsea consists of 9 consulting rooms. Our private outpatient suite is fully equipped modern facilities for minor procedures as well as recently refurbished consulting rooms. The dedicated outpatient nursing team supports our consultants across all tumour types and ensure clinics run smoothly.
The nursing and support staff in Outpatients are highly skilled in cancer care. They assist our consultants with consultations and are trained to perform minor procedures. As a leading cancer centre, our nursing teams are familiar with the latest cancer treatments.
As part of the role, you are expected to work Monday- Friday working 8am-8:30pm shifts. The post-holder will demonstrate flexibility to meet the varied demands of the role as required.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor further information on this role, please see the attached detailed Job Description and Person Specification.
Person SpecificationEducation / QualificationsEssential
- To provide clinical leadership and maintain credibility through practice and professional update. To utilise the finding of nursing research to optimise high quality care.
- To provide comprehensive and consistent evidence based telephone advise to patients and their carer regarding the management of side effects of cancer and/or treatment (chemotherapy and radiotherapy, post-operative complications and symptom management) and initiate appropriate action as required.
- To provide appropriate telephone advise/ support for healthcare professional working in external agencies to support our cancer patients.
- To be knowledgeable of patients current treatment and to adopt a problem-solving approach using developed clinical reasoning skills to minimise adverse reactions and manage symptoms effectively
- NMC registration
- First Level registration with experience in a cancer care / acute care environment
- Bachelor's degree or studying at degree level supplemented by specialist training/experience or working towards
- Recognised cancer nursing Qualification
- Experience/ training in physical assessment skills or willingness to undertake.
- Teaching/Mentoring qualification and/or experience
Skills / Abilities /KnowledgeEssential
- Understanding and aptitude for clear communication and triage skills
- Appreciation of the role of clinical site practitioner and the associated responsibility and accountability
- Ability to communicate to customer care initiatives and incorporation of cultural values into practice
- Excellent interpersonal skills with particular ability to show empathy and consideration of others Ability to work in a team Good organisational and time management skills
- Evidence of innovative practice
- Ability to make decision prioritise and work under pressure
- Ability to show tact and manage boundaries
- Evidence of a good understanding of the NHS
- Ability to set and monitor standards
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to use advanced communication/interpersonal skills when working with staff, patients and carers
- Ability to communicate with and/or give advice to all members of the hospital and community MDT and show good leadership skills
- Good presentation and teaching skills
- Ability to provide clear and concise documentation
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet service and patient priories
- Ability to manage databases, maintain records with integral auditing and to produce annual reports for the service
- Computer literate in Microsoft outlook, office, word, excel and PowerPoint
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Royal Marsden Hospital Chelsea
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.