***Please note we are only able to accept applications from those with a live NMC registration or UK nursing students awaiting their PIN as we are unable to support OSCE at this time***
Amazon Children's Ward and Jungle Assessment Unit are located on the Peterborough City Hospital site for the NWAFT Trust and is a busy and dynamic Paediatric Acute inpatient Ward and New purpose built Paediatric Assessment Unit.
We are passionate about the care and quality that children receive within our unit and have state-of-the-art facilities equipped with the latest equipment that ensures that children receive the very highest standards of healthcare. This gives their families the reassurance that the very best is being done for the people who mean the most to them. Our medical and surgical teams are also pleased to be able to access the technology that they need to deliver this level of care. *** We also offer a welcome payment of �1000 to new joiners ***Main duties of the job
We are a 30 bedded ward comprising of 12 en-suite cubicles, a 2 bedded fully equipped HDU area and 4 four bedded bays. Inclusive to this is an eight bedded Day surgery/Day care unit. We are a general paediatric unit receiving children from 0 - 18 years dependent on condition. We have a busy day surgery area within the unit and take up to 12 surgical patients per day.
Our Jungle paediatric Assessment is a 11 bedded with 5 chair spaces. Our Paediatric assessment unit adjacent to the Amazon Children's where GP's and other health professionals can refer into for admissions and / or assessment, as well as taking patients on their journey from the Emergency Department.
On top of all the great things that we have to offer, we also pride ourselves on development opportunities for the team in their own career development, skills and knowledge. *Please Note the advert may close sooner than the date advertised due to levels of interest, closing of the advert will happen with no notice*About us
Our teams work hard to be flexible and promote a health work/home life balance and so agile working options are automatically considered for all roles within the Trust. Talk to the Recruiting Manager about what this means in practice for you. Your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay and here area few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Free staff car parking on all our hospital sites during this financial year
- In-house Physiotherapy Services
- Career development and training opportunities
- Emotional Wellbeing Service covering a range of online support, access to mobile apps and 24/7 counselling services
- Subsidised meals at our hospital restaurants
- Access to exclusive discounts, cashback and vouchers via NHS Discounts and Blue Light Card
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to Team North West Anglia Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To assess, implement and evaluate programmes of physical, social and emotional care for children and adolescents in line with current evidence, Unit policies and guidelines and NMC Code of Practice
- To develop an environment which supports the value of nursing care.
- To act as an advocate for the children receiving care.
- To liaise and communicate with other members of the nursing and multidisciplinary team in the planning and delivery of care.
- To be involved in the development of evidence-based practice in theChildrens service and to encourage reflective practice providing a supportive framework to ensure that this takes place.
- To initiate and support innovative change within the Nursing Service in line with current clinical and academic evidence, national standards and relevant reports.
- To be aware and have an understanding of the guidelines relating to Child Protection issues.
Please see Job Description for further informationPerson SpecificationEducation & QualificationEssential
- First level Registration
- Mentorship module or equivalent or Evidence of leadership qualities.
- Experience within speciality / acute care area
- Paediatric Nursing Qualification
- Expert clinical role model who is committed to improvement of standards and patient care
- Post registration qualification or course evidence in High Dependency Care level 1 and or 2 relevant to clinical speciality
- Evidence of leadership qualities
- Leadership Course
- EPLS / APLS
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Management qualification
- Post registration qualification relevant to clinical speciality
- Completed or undertaking a first level degree in Nursing/ Health Studies
- Uses evidence base practice to support patient care delivery
- Understanding of Healthcare Governance and its application
- Experience of managing teams
- Evidence of being a Reflective Practitioner
- Demonstration of autonomous practice
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Experience of caring for children and young people within a Paediatric High Dependency or PICU environment
- Previous management experience
- Experience in Children's nursing sufficient to demonstrate strong clinical skills and effective leadership qualities
- Ability to manage and lead a small team of staff
- Awareness of NHS and Children's priorities
- Ability to be adaptive and work under own initiative. Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Ability to resolve conflict and motivate a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal/ liaison skills
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Highly motivated
- Innovative approach to professional issues
- Change management skills
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Flexibility in approach
- Able to be self-disciplined in a demanding environment
- Body language and demeanour demonstrate high standards of professionalism
- Evidence of networking across professional boundaries
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Awareness and respect for colleagues, patients and relatives cultural, religious and emotional needs and beliefs
- Able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with the Trusts Values and Behaviours
- Professional appearance & behaviour
- Good previous attendance record
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Peterborough City Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.