YOU'RE BRILLIANT and we want you on OUR team
It's time for a new challenge with KMPT in the Garden of England where we combine exceptional professional development opportunities with tremendous quality of life. Within KMPT we have a network of approximately 150 members of medical staff, not including our range of foundation doctors, GP trainees, core trainees and higher trainees.
There are exciting times ahead with the Kent and Medway Medical School now open, a collaboration between Canterbury Christ Church University and the University of Kent with KMPT as one of the NHS partners, inspiring the next generation of medical professionals.
We are also at the forefront of partnership working - an integral part of the Integrated Care System - looking at sustainable health and social care and ensuring the individual is at the centre of everything.
Indulge your passion for research with our internationally known and enthusiastic team, who are involved in a whole host of national and home-grown studies that have the potential to shape future healthcare. You will be very welcome.Main duties of the job
This is a 10 PA plus 0.5 PA and 3% Category A availability supplement for on-call post. Part time or job-share applications are welcome.
As well as a new hire bonus (�15,000*) and financial support for relocation (up to �8,000*), we want to understand what flexibility means to you. Is it a nine-day fortnight or condensed hours? Do you have caring responsibilities? Is there a certain day you cannot work for personal reasons? Talk to us.
*Subject to conditions
Successful applicants must have MRCPsych or equivalent and be on, or within six months of inclusion on, the Specialist Register and be fully registered with the GMC, as well as Approved Clinician and S12 approval under the Mental Health Act.
Please note that interviews will be conducted via video link using Life Size. Interview date to be confirmed.
Please note that you will be required to submit an application form for each post you are interested in applying for.About us
We areKent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT)
, providing mental health, learning disability, substance misuse and specialist services across Kent and Medway, with a population of 1.8million.
The Trust (rated Good overall by the Care Quality Commission regulator and Outstanding for care) has approximately 3,400 staff covering an area of 1,450 square miles.
You will be joining friendly, passionate colleagues from 52 nations, rich in their diversity, talents and experience, who are committed to providing excellent care to our service users and their loved ones.
We have a team of empathetic leaders inspiring their staff in an environment where everyone is valued and plays a vital role in providing an exemplary service.
Across our communities and within inpatient settings, our workforce is enhanced and strengthened by dedicated peer support workers, people with lived experience, a wonderful team of volunteers and a brigade of pets astherapy support dogs.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For detailed information regarding the role, please refer to the attached job description and person specification.
Please call Catharine Blackman on 01622 724133 or email email@example.com to make an appointment to speak to Chief medical officer, Dr Afifa Qazi or Deputy chief medical officer (workforce), Dr Mohan Bhat.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research, or management
- MRCPsych or MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Specialised knowledge of Perinatal Psychiatry
- Additional clinical qualifications
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months
- Approved Clinician status OR able to achieve within three months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with three months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- At least six months experience of perinatal psychiatry within the last five years
- Completed minimum of three years full-time training in psychiatry
- Clinical expertise in the assessment and management of risk
- Good working knowledge of the interface between the MCA and MHA
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Endorsement in or masterclass in perinatal psychiatry from Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Understanding of foetal, early infant development and mother-infant relationship and its development through early childhood
- Understanding of legislation and guidance in relation to child protection and welfare
- Experience in working in other specialities
Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership TrustAddress
PMHCS Poppy house, 20-22, Oakapple Lane, Maidstone ME16 9NW
PMHCS hub at Poppy house, 20-22, Oakapple Lane, Maidstone
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.