Based at Wokingham Hospital. The post holder will be part of a small team dedicated to offering specialist continence, advice, support, and treatment to patients within Berkshire. The postholder will be responsible for the timely specialist assessment and treatment of patients with complex continence problems, ensuring that the most appropriate products are prescribed to manage their bladder and bowel symptoms when required. They will assist in continence education and training and act as a resource on matters relating to continence. The team is highly committed to the service, providing training and sharing knowledge when needed to ensure that team members are well-supportedMain duties of the job
The3/4 must haves for you to be considered for this role:
- Independently manage a caseload of patients with complex, chronic and progressive continence problems
- Provide specialist continence clinics and domiciliary visits as required.
- To be responsible for prescribing continence equipment. Make autonomous decisions, including advising on changes to treatment. Advise on medication as appropriate, liaise with the patient's GP as indicated.
- To participate in triage and monitoring prescription usage via the computerised system to ensure patients are effectively managed.
- Take part in monitoring the HDS and continence assessments of patients.
- Deliver specialist continence education.
- Act as a resource for colleagues, the public, and others on matters relating to continence.
- Maintain clear, concise records in line with Trust Policy.
- Promote continence in all aspects of work, ensuring a positive and dynamic approach towards individuals.
- Be an active member of the already well-established and forward-thinking Continence Advisory Service (CAS) team
- Have knowledge of or willing to learn in-depth an understanding of continence products and prescription requirements
- Must be flexible in role to ensure continence needs of the patient are met with skilled nursing intervention.
- Be part of the facilitation of training of patients, carers, professionals, and students in the area of continence promotion.
For our people who work here that means we want Berkshire Healthcare to be a great place to work where everyone can thrive and grow. Some of the benefits of joining our team:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- Salary ranging from�37,162-�44,629 per annum (incl. HCAS)
- Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work, life balance
- Annual leave - 27 days for new starters, plus bank holidays. Increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years NHS service. Pro rata for part time staff
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
- Advanced IT enablement and support
- Confidential telephone care service providing independent support and advice for staff.
- And so much more
- If not held, willingness to undertake a prescribing qualifiaction
- First Level Degree
- Specialist continence course
- Prescribing qualification
- Statutory and Mandatory Training according to BHFT policy or agreement to undertake as part of role
- 3 years post registration nursing
- Budget awareness
- Work with people with bladder and/or bowel dysfunction
- Teaching and Presentation Skills
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Ability to travel to multiple sites
- Possess a current driving licence & have the use of a car for work purposes
- Ability to work flexible hours
Employer detailsEmployer name
- IT literate
- Knowledge of issues relating to safe practice
- Accurate record keeping
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.