We are recruiting for a Service Manager who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
An opportunity has arisen for a Service Manager to work as a key member of the facilities management team based at Lister Hospital, Stevenage.
The Service Manager will contribute significantly to the efficient running of the Facilities General Services (operations) department and support the Facilities General Services Manager (operations) in ensuring we deliver a high-quality service.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player with an operational knowledge of facilities services within an acute hospital setting along with experience of managing teams.
Our Values are I
espect, and I
mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
The Service Manager will assist in the management of and operational delivery of car parking services.
The service manager will manage admin support.
You will support in finance reporting and monthly performance meetings.
KPIs management.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications / TrainingEssential
- Good standard of general education to O-level/GCSE or equivalent.
- ntermediate knowledge of Microsoft word processing, excel and database packages. Willingness to train in advanced word processing, excel and database software applications.
- MHCIMA or HND or equivalent in relevant field
- Advanced understanding and application of PC skills including keyboarding, word processing and database software applications.
- Evidence or recent personal development or learning
- Relevant experience of working within a facilities role
- Evidence of communicating effectively at all levels
- Evidence of decision-making, working on own initiative and to agreed deadlines
- Evidence of managing own workload.
- Supervision of staff
- Knowledge of how hotel services contracts are managed
- Experience of working within the NHS or another public sector organisation.
- Full understanding of confidentiality.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & diplomacy skills.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure and to timescales.
- Ability to problem solves.
- Decision making skills.
- Work to a high quality, within agreed time scales and to deadlines.
- Develop and maintain systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Demonstrable experience of written report writing
- IT skills - advanced level.
- Knowledge of current developments within the NHS
- Ability to chair meetings
- Basic knowledge of current legislation/frameworks affecting facilities services e.g.: PLACE Assessments, PAM (Premises Assurance Model)
- Knowledge and application of IT systems - Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Windows
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of Information & Governance requirements within the NHS
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Coreys Mill Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.