The post holder will lead the production of the monthly financial management reporting process for a designated area within the Trust. This role will ensure that accurate and timely financial information is produced to ensure the Finance Business Partner has the required information available to enable them to support and advise operational and clinical teams on strategic and operational decision making to drive better business performance.
The post will sit in the financial management reporting team and will play a significant role in the formulation of the Trust's annual budget setting process by analysing and pulling together complex data.
The post holder will work closely with the Finance Business Partnering team to ensure accurate, robust and relevant data and reports are produced for the business. It will also be responsible for ensuring that financial controls are maintained within Corporate Governance guidelines.Main duties of the job
About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -
- The post holder will have a close working relationship with the Finance Business Partnering team. This position encompasses four primary accountabilities.
- Preparation& production of monthly management accounts: To prepare monthly budget statements analysing trends and variances in accordance with the Trust's monthly reporting timetable. This includes the delivery of a summary of the overall financial position of a division/s or designated area within the Trust, for incorporation into the Trust Board Finance Report.
- Production of the annual budgets: The post holder will provide financial planning and budget setting support to the Trust, managing the detailed working papers and financial modelling that sits behind the annual budget for financials and workforce (WTEs)
- Delivery of a monthly forecast: Produce accurate monthly forecasting in collaboration with budget holders and provide challenge to improve outcomes using financial and divisional knowledge.
- Line management of the Financial Management Accountant / Support Roles: This responsibility involves all usual line management functions including appraisals, recruitment and supporting the team to develop and work effectively.
BHT - A great place to work (buckshealthcare.nhs.uk) What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our care values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationEducation, Qualifications & TrainingEssential
- Part Qualified CCAB or CIMA Accountant & actively studying to complete this qualification.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant Financial Management experience in a complex environment.
- Experience of dealing with complex, highly sensitive and detailed financial information
- Expert theoretical knowledge of accounting, NHS accounting and public sector accounting policy.
- NHS Finance Experience
- Experience of working within a finance function of a large organisation.
- Experience of budget setting to prepare plans, Financial & workforce (WTEs).
- Experience of managing and developing finance staff including appraisals & performance management.
- Experience of monitoring budgets and business planning processes.
- Experience of setting up and implementing internal processes and procedures.
- Ability to provide detailed guidance and advice to finance and non-finance managers.
- Able to carry out business ensuring all accounting treatments are adhering to Generally Agreed Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Accounting Standards
- Experience of using General Ledger and Financial reporting software packages.
- Experience of developing & reporting cost improvement / productivity schemes.
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.