Full-time 37.5 hours per week. Permanent post.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to work within the Imaging department as part of the Diagnostic and Support Services Division at Royal Bolton Hospital. The Imaging service consists of a range of medical imaging department and play an integral role in the majority of patient pathways. Services are delivered at the main hospital RBH site, at Bolton One and other satellite areas including Bolton One, Bury and Rochdale.Main duties of the job
You will support the Operational Business Managers in the operational delivery and performance management of national and local performance targets and objectives. The post holder will be integral to the development and improvement of the services clinical and administrative processes to help deliver the divisional strategy for the division.
The Business Support Manager (BSM) will also work closely with the specialty clinical leads and senior management to support the effective strategic and operational management of the specialties, ensuring the delivery of high quality patient services within the resources available. Therefore, the BSM will be require to attend and contribute to all department meetings and will be responsible to delivering formal reports were applicable to the divisional team.
The BSM will be the direct line manager for the admin and clerical imaging team, working closely with the radiology booking office and reporting office managers. This will involve direct management, supporting with workforce and HR issues, including staff rostering, annual leave, sickness absence, finance, training and development etc.About usAbout us
Bolton NHS Foundation Trust provide services across the north west side of the Greater Manchester area ranging from hospital services in Bolton to community services across Bolton, Salford, Ashton, Leigh and Wigan. We are a progressive, expanding organisation with great ambition around improving quality, integrating pathways and delivering high levels of productivity. We have a CQC rating as good overall and we have some key areas of outstanding practice with an outstanding rating for being well led at every level.
Over 5,700 people work for the Trust and many of them have been here a long time. People find they don't need to go elsewhere to find a fulfilling career in healthcare. The Trust offer a range of flexible working patterns to enable our staff to balance their work and personal life.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesJob Description Personal Specification Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience (business related).
- Experience of working with multidisciplinary teams including medical staff.
- Experience and commitment to quality, innovation, productivity and prevention.
- Experience of line managing a team of staff.
- Budget Management experience.
- Experience of personal accountability for service delivery.
- Knowledge of managing within an NHS healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of or experience of diagnostic imaging pathways (cancer, DM01), diagnostic validation and clinical pathways.
- Broad knowledge of NHS Information & IT systems.
- Understanding of potential service improvements in healthcare.
- Understands and is able to interpret national policy.
- Good knowledge of patient pathways.
- Knowledge of recent NHS & Trust developments and their impact on the service.
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection.
- High level problem solving skills.
- Ability to establish good working relationships.
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire others.
- Ability to command confidence in other health professionals.
- Ability to support others.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate as appropriate to manage time effectively.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst working on multiple tasks, prioritising and managing conflicting tasks.
- degree level or equivalent experience
- management/leadership qualification
- experience of working with MDTs
- experience and commitment to quality, innovation, productivity and prevention
- experience of line managing a team of staff
- experience of budget management
- experience of personal accountability for service delivery
Employer detailsEmployer name
- ability to work under pressure and prioritise
- ability to negotiate at high level as well as ability to persuade
- ability to handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- ability to problem solve
- personal resilience and confidence
Bolton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.