Deputy Ward Manager- Aneurin Ward, Hergest unit
We are pleased to be able to offer the opportunity for an experienced and motivated RMN with excellent communication skills and a passion for leadership to apply for the role of Band 6 Deputy Ward Manager on Aneurin Ward in the Hergest Unit on a fixed term basis. This is an excellent development opportunity for an ambitious band 5 nurse to develop experience in the leadership role.
Aneurin Ward is a 17 bedded female acute inpatient ward supporting individuals with a variety of mental health conditions through their journey to safe discharge into the community.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
As a Deputy Ward manager you will support and assist the Ward Manager in the effective operational management and leadership of the inpatient ward. You will lead by example to provide support, advice and training to the wider nursing team, undertaking delegated responsibilities and deputising for the Ward manager when required.
Deputy ward managers on Aneurin Ward are proactive members of the management team. Key responsibilities include direct line management of junior staff, management of staffing levels, delivery of clinical supervision, service development and maintaining high standards of quality and care.
Aneurin ward provides a 24/7 service and at times you will need to be flexible to meet a range of shifts which may include some night or weekend work as well as contributing to the duty nurse on call rota.About us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualifications and/or knowledgeEssential
- 1st level Nurse RMN NMC registration
- Evidence of a Degree level qualification or working towards this within an agreed time frame
- Evidence of CPD Holds or is actively working towards a relevant Post-graduate Diploma/willing to work towards attaining. Diploma to be completed within an agreed timeframe
- Management qualification and/or management experience
- Significant experience of working either within the clinical speciality or a relevant nursing role
- Ability to demonstrate application of improvement methodology.
Aptitudes and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Experience/knowledge of senior nurse role
- Ability to communicate and receive complex information
- The ability to diagnose a problem and take corrective action
- Ability to analyse assessment results and transfer them into relevant packages of care
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Ability to speak Welsh
- IT Skills
- Ability to manage resources
- Evidence of effective team working
- Ability to work positively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work autonomously
- Display flexibility to adapt to organisational changes as well as changes within the service
- Leadership and motivational skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to Travel
- Commitment to undertake a leadership / management qualification
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Aneurin Ward, Hergest Unit
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.