We are looking to recruit a Band 6 clinical research nurse to join the Vascular Hub of the dynamic Peart Rose Research Team. The team manages the delivery of a wide variety of studies within the Cardiovascular Directorate, coordinating research trials across three acute hospital sites (Hammersmith Hospital, St Mary's Hospital, and Charing Cross Hospital). Our research portfolio includes cardiovascular research (cardiology, cardiothoracic, and vascular).
Much of the role will be conducted via the Research Delivery Office in Charing Cross Hospital and St Mary's Hospital however, flexibility with time and adaptability to work in different environments, especially across three sites, will be necessary to meet study requirements. The research nurse role includes study delivery, support, and management, from the set-up phase through the dissemination of research findings. In addition to the recruitment, education, and monitoring of research participants, you will also be required to complete clinical assessments, accurate collection and documentation of research data, and the administration of investigational medicinal products.
This role has an emphasis on research integration within the clinical setting here at Imperial.
Research knowledge and/or clinical cardiovascular experience would be advantageous for the post.
This role requires the successful candidate to be patient-facing, including taking consent and samples from patients.Main duties of the job
- You will be one of the key members of the team and will be responsible for assessing and managing the care pathways for patients and carers participating in your studies. This will involve the recruitment, screening, monitoring and education of study participants, collection of samples, and the collection and documentation of accurate data.
- You will oversee the scheduling of study visits. You will provide in-depth knowledge on all aspects pertinent to acquiring and maintaining informed consent. You will work collaboratively within the research team and the wider multidisciplinary team, and act as an expert resource for staff, researchers, research participants and study volunteers.
- You will be expected to work along a strict code of practice as set out by the sponsor of each of your studies.
- You will show attention to detail and the ability to follow and adhere to strict clinical and sampling protocols. You will be required to have a good understanding of Good Clinical Practice and your work will be subject to routine clinical trial monitoring by external parties.
- You will be required to accurately enter and record clinical data that will be crucial to the success of your projects. You will be well organised, show an ability to plan, and conduct nurse-intensive research in a highly professional manner.
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEDUCATIONEssential
- Health professional registration
- Has attained, or is working towards, a further qualification in management, research or professional nursing
- Evidence of continuous personal and academic development
- Evidence of Leadership skills
- Proven teaching and assessing skills
- Proven ability to function as an autonomous practitioner
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexible attitude to work
- Excellent communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of clinical research methodology and trial protocols and to communicate this to professionals and lay persons
- Relevant clinical experience within research and/or vascular speciality
- Experience in managing complex information
- Competent in storing and retrieving electronic data
- Experience of working within NHS environment and with service users
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of supervision of junior staff
- Proven participation in the consent process for patients entering clinical trials
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.