Fixed term contract/ secondment opportunity until 31st March 2025
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (NNUHFT) Digital Health team is responsible for the delivery of digital services across the Trust to support its clinical and administrative obligations.
Across the three acute hospitals in Norfolk and Waveney, NNUH, JPUH and QEHKL, he NNUHFT is starting one of the biggest pieces of digital transformation work we've ever undertaken - moving from paper-based patient records to electronic ones. The Electronic Patient Record (EPR) programme is currently at the beginning of a journey to transform how information about patients' health and care is stored, viewed, and used within our acute hospitals. The EPR will use cutting edge technology to create a new digital system where staff will be able to access your health and care information quickly and securely, meaning you experience quicker and better care.
We are looking for someone who is able to work proactively under pressure and deliver against individual and team Key Performance Indicators. Experience within the Healthcare sphere is not essential however, sound network and telecommunications (VoIP) experience is crucial. Full time: 37.5 hours per week Interview date: 24th September 2023 If you are considering applying for this post on a secondment basis, please discuss with your Line Manager prior to applying to ascertain whether this could be supported.Main duties of the job
As Network and Telecommunications Engineer, you are responsible for the resolution of incidents, problems, and service requests within agreed SLAs. We want someone who is willing to engage with any work they have no experience of, but willing to research and provide solutions.
- Based locally to the hospital, within one hour drive, due to the nature of the job.
- Be on-site Monday to Friday
- Be able to undertake work out of hours where required.
- Knowledge of supporting and configuration of Mitel telephony platform. MiVoice - Micollab - configuring telephone extensions - softphone configuration - Mitel voicemail NuPoint.
- Mitel system server troubleshooting.
- Physical infrastructure tracing connectivity through communication rooms.
- Patch in new ports from building infrastructure panels to network switchports.
- Knowledge of how to connect to network switches to identify VLANs and change VLAN assignments.
- Redbox call recorder
- MultiTone pager system including SCU input device.
While the role is based at the main hospital site, you will be expected to travel to the Trust's other sites when required for work purposes, for which transport will be provided, so a full driving license is essential.
Opportunity to work on an innovative projects and technical issues, which improve patient experience and outcomes.
Flexibility to work within a collaborative office space at the hospital, at the main hospital or remotely.About us
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N& N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
The following skills and experience will be required and are essential for the successful candidates:
Please refer to the Job Description for the full specification of responsibilities and requirements for this post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First and second line support via the helpdesk system with regard to network, telecommunication and related products and systems.
- Liaison between the Trust and all support contractors with regard to faults and daily issues.
- Onsite technical support for the implementation of new systems and products.
- Responsible for daily moves, changes and installations of new data points, telephone extensions etc.
- Provision of advice to users on telecom products, e.g. fax, headsets, answering services, cordless handsets, mobile phones and pagers.
- Design and implementation of housekeeping and backup procedures for relevant systems.
- Manages the telecoms help desk queue with aid of other colleagues.
- Assists the Network Manager to ensure that the network infrastructure and related components delivers the intended services to users at its optimal level.
- Uses network management systems software and appropriate analysis equipment to collect routine network load statistics, model performance, and create reports, including proposals for improvement.
- Educated to degree level in a computing, engineering or technical discipline
- Training to CCNA or CompTIA Network +
- Good written and verbal communication skills, must be able to liaise effectively with non-IT and IT professionals.
- Understands the need for documentation and conformance to standards
- Significant involvement in the support of data communications and networking technologies
- Excellent understanding of networking and communication techniques and their application.
- Driving License (adjustments can be made for candidates with a disability)
Attitude & AptitudeEssential
- Knowledge of up-to-date Networking, Security and Telecoms systems and services
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective role model, demonstrating NNUH's PRIDE values of People focussed, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Norfolk and Norwich University HospitalAddress
Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.