We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, well-motivated Audiologist to join our team of Audiologists, Hearing Therapists and clerical staff . There are exciting opportunities within the Trust to develop your skills and continue your professional development.
The Audiology services at Stoke Mandeville Hospital are part of Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust and so you may be required on rare occasions to provide Audiological services for Wycombe & Amersham Hospitals although this not envisaged. We are a small but well equipped Department with one of the shortest waiting lists in the country. A car driver and car are desirable but are not a requirement.
The department offers a full range of Audiological services to including
* Diagnostic support to the ENT Department
* Full range of rehabilitative care providing digital hearing aids.
* Direct Referral System
* Domiciliary service
* Hearing Therapy Service
* Paediatric Audiology Service
* Bone Anchored Hearing Aids
The successful applicant should have any of the following
* Foundation Degree or BSc (Hons) in Audiology
* MSc Audiological Science
* A minimum of BAAT Parts I and II and BTEC in Medical Physics and Physiological Measurement or equivalent.
It is desirable to be registered with either RCCP or HCPC, but not currently essential. Support will be given to ensure that the successful candidate continues their professional development as well as achieves registration where possible.Main duties of the job
About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
- Undertake all routine aspects of audiometric testing. This will include audiometry (air & bone conduction) tympanometry, acoustic reflex testing and speech audiometry on patients of all ages.
- Undertake non-routine audiometric testing, with appropriate supervision when required this will include free field audiometry and OAE testing. Training will be given as and when required by a senior member of the team.
- Perform objective tests of hearing. These will include ABR, OAE or equivalent.
- Undertake routine and non-routine hearing aid assessment, fitting and verification of hearing aids for Adult, including digital hearing aids and provide on going support.
- Perform vestibular assessments on adults. This will include water caloric testing, electronystagmography, post urography, Dix hallpike and Epley manoeuvres. Training and support will be given as and when required by a senior member of the team.
- Take aural impressions on patients of all ages, according to British Society of Audiology recommended procedures.
- Undertake direct referral hearing aid assessment
- Collation of statistics from the activity within the department and assist with Audit.
- Involvement with maintenance and calibration of technical equipment.
- To be competent in the use of the departmental data base, accurately maintaining patients' records and maintaining professional development in the use of I.T. related to audiological assessments and rehabilitation.
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- BAAT I & II, BTEC MPPM or equivalent, BSc or MSc
- European Computer Drivers Licence or equivalent
- Assessment, fitting & verification of hearing aids in Adults.
- Assessment, fitting & verification of digital hearing aids.
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Undertakes vestibular & electrophysiological assessment and act appropriately on findings
- Undertakes non routine audiometric testing - OAD & OAE testing, & free field testing
- Teaching junior & trainee staff.
- Experience of MHAS implementation.
- Excellent communication
- Excellent Organisation skills
- Able to work as a member of a team & autonomously
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Proficient with Sign Language
- Keyboard skills
- Teaching skills
- Second language
- Counselling skills
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville Hospital (cross site working)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.