Reporting into the Mechanical Estates Manager the post-holder is responsible for providing leadership to the operational mechanical engineering team, the development of standardised practices and processes within their area of responsibility (trade group) and to support the delivery of modern maintenance services meeting compliant standards within a customer care focused environment.
The post-holder will provide specialist leadership, advice and support on mechanical plant within the Trust. Main duties of the job
To lead the mechanical trades staff in daily duties, both reactive and proactive, under the management of the Mechanical Estates Manager.
On receipt of appropriate training and appointment act as an Authorised Person (AP) or for a variety of disciplines, including, but not limited to:
- Medical gas pipeline systems (HTM 02)
- Ventilation (HTM 03)
- Pressure Systems About us
This role is an essential part in the restructuring of a lean, focussed and dynamic team, and will be integral in focussing the direction of the mechanical tradespersons to ensure delivery of services around the acute and community sites.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Leading the Estates mechanical and engineering trades staff, undertaking objective setting and appraisals, sickness return to work interviews and Occupational Health referrals, and assessing training needs/staff development.
To assist in the development, implementation and regular monitoring of a performance management system (CAFM) to be used as a tool to demonstrate continuous qualitative improvement in the delivery of the operational service.
To provide guidance and expertise, within the scope of AP duties, to the Estates strategy team to assist in the development of infrastructure across the Trust estate.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationEssential
- Must complete recognised BTEC Hospital Competent Persons accredited courses,
- Med Gas, Water Safety, Ventilation
- Completed recognised AP Training Med Gas, Water Safety, Ventilation
- Effectively carry out the repair, maintenance or installation of all mechanical plant
- fault finding, emergency response, defect correction and new works.
- Must possess training skills to undertake the training of subordinates
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Hold a full valid driving licence and carry out driving duties as required.
- Must be experienced in fault diagnosis and analysis of complex critical equipment and systems, taking the necessary remedial action where appropriate.
Whittington Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.