An exciting opportunity has arisen to support and develop our Clinical Research service at ESHT. Our service delivers academic and commercial clinical research trials as part of the NIHR Kent, Surrey & Sussex Clinical Research Network.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse or Clinical Trials Practitioner with clinical trial research delivery experience, who has previous involvement of delivering a broad clinical trial portfolio and supporting teams to recruit to time and target. The post holder will be enthusiastic, dynamic and forward thinking with excellent communication skills who is able to engage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to increase clinical trial activity within ESHT. The postholder will also be expected to work proactively and autonomously within their role. As a Clinical Research Nurse/Practitioner, you will assist in the provision and ongoing development of a comprehensive specialist clinical research service for patients and their relatives and support with clinical trial participation and safe delivery of all clinical trial care.Main duties of the job
You will have a positive outlook with a proactive attitude. You will maintain excellent clinical and professional standards of work, be self-motivated and able to work independently and with the clinical research team to set objectives, manage your time and resources efficiently, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and have a determination to support the Head of Research to increase engagement, awareness, and development of a wide portfolio of clinical research trials and clinical research activity within the organisation.
Informal visits are encouraged and welcomed.About usWe are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
We provide safe, compassionate and high quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by 7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached.
If you have any questions about this position please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RN / RSCN / RN(child) / RODP (Nurse Only)
- Graduate level qualification (or equivalent experience)
- Post registration qualification.
- Or Patient facing Clinical Trial Research experience (minimum12 months experience)
- Good Clinical Practice qualification.
- Clinical Trial Practitioner Registration (or working towards)
- Adequate level of post registration experience (nurse only).
- Current level of competency in a clinical specialty or, Research
- Understanding of NMC / HCPC code of professional conduct (nurses only).
- Knowledge of requirements of Good Clinical Practice and Research Governance
- Experience of supervising junior staff
- Able to assess health care needs and plan and implement and assess clinical care needs.
- Must be aware of issues surrounding confidentiality
- Able to participate in design and delivery of research educational programmes.
- Current venepuncture skills.
- Clinical assessments (vital signs, ECG's)
- Proven understanding of clinical governance and risk management, its importance and application.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good written and spoken English.
- Able to communicate complex information to other professional groups e.g. communicating with sponsors representatives.
- Able to communicate highly sensitive information e.g. communicating with patients regarding informed consent prior to participating in a clinical trial.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Able to prioritise and manage own work.
- Able to exercise own initiative when dealing with issues within own specialist area
- Good keyboard and IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Outlook
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.