Band 5 Staff Nurse - Critical Care
- Are you seeking an exciting newchallenge?
- Would you like the chance to join a dynamic team caring for the most critically ill patients and the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge to provide care for Level 2 and 3 patients?
If you think you like the sound of this - there's more.....
Main duties of the job
- We are looking to recruitcommitted and self-motivated Band 5 nurses.
- We offer 8 weeks supernumerary status where you will be allocated a mentor and supervisor to work alongside - our structured induction programme helps prepare you for your critical care nursing career.
- We support staff in the completion of the nationally recognised Step competency booklets. We have our own in-house Critical Care course and support staff to complete the Critical Care post registration course.
If this sounds interesting - then you maybe you are the person we are looking for!
The Critical Care Unit at the UHNM is a 36-bedded, dedicated state of the art facility, which provides care for seriously ill patients from across a range of medical and surgical specialities including neurosurgery and major trauma as well as being one of the designated Major Trauma Centres within the West Midlands. We provide the highest standards of care for patients who have sustained traumatic brain and spinal injuries.
Critical Care prides itself by actively supporting all staff in their continued educational and professional development. We also provide all newly recruited staff with an excellent preceptorship period supported by our very own Practice Development team.About us
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. We serve around three million people and we're highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. The Trust has around 1,450 inpatient beds across two sites in Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford. Our 11,000 strong workforce provide emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care from Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital in Stafford.
We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales. We have put together a wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. Our goal is to be a world-class centre of achievement, where patients receive the highest standards of care and the best people come to learn, work and research.
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff is really important to us. We offer a range of options for our staff to help maintain a good work-life balance including full time, part time hours and bank hours. We are also committed to offering flexible working wherever we can and where relevant to the role and the service, agile working. You can select your preferences upon application.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As a Staff Nurse you will be responsible for providing high quality care and support to patients and families as part of the wider Critical Care team.
In order to fulfil the job role and learning requirements, and meet service needs, successful candidates will be required to work a full rotation on both days and nights.
If you are a dynamic, enthusiastic nurse with the ability to work well within a highly motivated team, and can deliver high quality nursing care we would like to hear from you.
There are limited full and part time positions available so be quick and apply today!
For further information see attached JD & PSPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- 1st Level RN
- NMC Registration
- Evidence of further relevant study
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in Level 2/3 area
University Hospital of North Midlands NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.