This post is an excellent opportunity to further develop your clinical and leadership skills.
You will be responsible for planning, prioritising and developing the clinical pharmacy service provision of the OPAT service. This includes working with the Virtual ward and Crisis Response teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality care.
As part of the Antimicrobial Stewardship team you will be supporting the development of guidelines to promote the safe and prudent use and antimicrobials in secondary care and the virtual ward ( OPAT service).Main duties of the job
You will work closely with clinicians, virtual ward and nursing colleagues to support, develop and promote the safe and effective use of antimicrobials. By attending MDT ward rounds you will be involved in the identification of suitable patients for OPAT, promoting prudent antimicrobial use and advising on appropriate antimicrobial treatment.
You will also have a regular ward pharmacy commitment and participate in out of hours and weekend rotas.
As such we are seeking a patient focused pharmacist aiming to build on established clinical skills who will work closely with clinicians in providing a high-quality service to patients within ESHT. Someone who demonstrates a commitment to personal and staff development.About usWe are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
We provide safe, compassionate, and high-quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by 7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye, and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop, and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attachedjob description. Key requirements are:
- Personal behaviours that reflect and are aligned with our Trust Values of: Working Together, Improvement and Development, Respect and Compassion, and Engagement and Involvement
- Current registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council as apharmacist
- CPD portfolio demonstrating ongoing commitment to personaldevelopment
- Diploma / MSc in Clinical Pharmacy or pharmacy practice or demonstrable other equivalent post-graduate qualification or experience e.g., RPS Faculty membership at foundation level
- Independent prescribing qualification - not essential to appoint into the role, but essential within an agreed timescale when in post
If you have any questions about this position, please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- GPhC registration examination (Vocational master's degree in pharmacy (4yrs) and 1 years preregistration training and experience)
- Current registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a pharmacist
- Diploma / MSc in Clinical Pharmacy or pharmacy practice or demonstrable other equivalent post-graduate qualification or experience e.g., RPS Faculty membership at foundation or advanced level
- [Independent prescribing qualification - not essential for role, but essential within an agreed timescale when in post]
- CPD portfolio that demonstrates an ongoing commitment to personal development
- NHS Leadership qualification such as leading for change
- Independent prescribing qualification
- 1 year pre-registration training and experience
- Significant post registration experience as a hospital or specialist primary care pharmacist within a specialist field
- Experience in utilising information technology within the workplace including inputting, retrieving information and producing reports
- Good IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Outlook
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working with clinicians and a proven track record for influencing change within a directorate or specialist role
- Previous experience in providing directorate support
- Previous experience in mentoring and training pharmacy staff
- Has previous Line management experience
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Leonards on Sea
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.