Band 6 Occupational Therapists work as part of a large dynamic and proactive therapy team with good working relationships across the MDT in order to contribute to the delivery of high quality service across the health economy.
The Occupational Therapists are highly valued and given the opportunity to be creative with their intervention in order to put the needs of the patient first.Main duties of the job
The team see patients admitted to the acute medical wards within the William Harvey Hospital. The post holder will offer comprehensive assessment and treatment for patients referred for Occupational therapy and work as an essential part of the multi-disciplinary team to deliver therapy and support comprehensive discharge planning.
Main duties involve:
- To manage daily a clinical caseload of patients, and be responsible for the assessment, formulation and treatments and to give specialised therapy advice to members of the MDT.
- To deputise for Team Leader on clinical and managerial issues within the team
- To be actively involved with training within the Department in support of new graduate Occupational therapists, student therapists, therapy apprentices and support workers alongside other senior members of the team.
We are one of the largest hospital trusts in England, with five hospitals and community clinics serving a local population of around 695,000 people.
Our vision is 'great healthcare from great people'. Everything we do is guided by our values: 'People feel cared for, safe, respected and confident that we are making a difference'.
We have a new way of working at East Kent Hospitals, called 'We care'. It's about empowering frontline staff to lead improvements day-to-day. We're looking for compassionate people to be part of our improvement journey for the patients, families and carers we care for every day. Applications for this role should be written by the applicant. If artificial intelligence (AI) programmes are used then the application may be rejected due to this document being an important part of the assessment process. This does not prevent applicants seeking appropriate support with applications should they need to for the purposes of any declared disability Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please scroll down to access the full Job Description and Person Specification located in 'supporting documents'.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- BSc Occupational Therapist
- Member of COT
- Member of specialist section for Medical/HCOOP or any additional specialist section linked to Frailty
- Highly developed clinical skills in Medical/HCOOP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management
- Evidence of working within Medical/HCOOP inpatients
- Competent presentation skills
- 18 months post graduate experience in relevant specialist area of Inpatients, Medical/HCOOP, general rotations
- Proven record of providing high quality intervention for high risk patients
- Experience working within Medical/HCOOP Trauma
- Experience managing challenging situations
- Awareness of professional issues and recent developments in the NHS and Primary Care including Clinical Governance, NICE and CQC
- Knowledge of up to date clinical / evidenced based practice.
- Knowledge of Medical/HCOOP pathways
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience providing complex assessments and discharge planning
- Experience using appropriate outcome measures linked to the assessment of Medical/HCOOP patients
- Knowledge of extended role of Occupational Therapy within discharge pathways
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
William Harvey Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.