One part time positions available:
4 days per week
Welcome to East Sussex, a place that boasts a beautiful coastline, beaches and the South Downs National Park. Close to Brighton and rail links to London. Come and join our friendly, sociable, experienced podiatry team. Applications are invited from motivated BSc qualified and HCPCregistered podiatrists who are keen to advance their clinical, professional and leadership skills from both the NHS and private sector. You will be an excellent communicator, able to work independently and in a team, as well as being organised and confident.This post is based in community setting but you will also work in acute settings. The post holder will also be required to attend meetings or training across the wider county of East Sussex therefore being a car driver / owner is essential for this post. This post is based in the east of county Hastings and rural areas.
You will be part of a friendly, supportive, professional team, and will be fully supported to develop your professional skills and areas of special clinical interest. We offer regular supervision and competency training opportunities for your ongoing professional development, along with improving patient care. Where identified in your appraisal and in line with service development we also have access to post graduate university funding for individual masters modules for professionaldevelopment.Main duties of the job
This is an excellent opportunity to provide seamless delivery of care from the community to the acute setting. As a Band 6 you will be required to work within the foot protection and multidisciplinary diabetic foot clinic at both acute sites. As a podiatrist you will be undertaking podiatry assessments and contributing to treatment planning, striving towards providing a gold standard of care. Your work will be focused on providing clinical treatments following evidence based clinical pathways for the high risk foot. Your work will involve working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team alongside orthopaedic and vascular surgeons, endocrinologists, microbiology and orthotics which includes liaising with GPs, tissue viability, district and practice nurses. There will also be opportunities to train other healthcare professionals and you will be actively involved with student placements as well as delivering educational and screening programmes for patient with an at risk foot.About usWe are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
We provide safe, compassionate and high quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by 7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached.
If you have any questions about this position please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Podiatrist registered with the Health Professions Council
- Educated to Podiatry Degree level or equivalent
- Further post graduate studies in clinical areas pertinent to post such as diabetes, wound care and biomechanics to a post graduate diploma level or equivalent experience
- National Clinical Leadership Development (LEO)
- Non Medical Prescriber (NMP) undertake prescribing duties within scope of prescribing practice
- A minimum of two years post registration experience working within Community and Acute settings
- Development of specialised programmes of care
- Diabetic foot care/wound management/vascular assessment
- Locomotion and gait disorders
- Nail Surgery and local anaesthetics
- Orthotic manufacture and prescription
- Working within a multidisciplinary setting
- Undertaking audit/research within a healthcare setting
- Change management
- Alternative therapies
- Wound care assessment, diagnosis and podiatry care, based on current best evidence
- Vascular issues and associated podiatry care Prescription and manufacture of complex orthotic devices
- New patient assessment, diagnosis and treatment
- Understanding Team dynamics Society of Chiropodists & Podiatrists - Code of Conduct
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Educating/Supervising skills on a one to one and group basis
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.