There is an exciting opportunity to come and join our very successful and revered Inflammatory Bowel Disease Service at Barnet Hospital. The IBD service is well-established and predominantly nurse-led, managing complex patients, biologics, and advice lines. We are a growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for those passionate about IBD care and wanting to expand their experience in IBD.
We currently have two Band 7 vacancies for the IBD CNS post. One is a Full-time post (37.5 hours/week). Another one is for 22.5 hours/week, part-time position. There will be opportunities for specialty training for further development in the field. We also consider nurses who have experience in similar areas, such as Rheumatology in the past. There may be an opportunity for job share as part-time working.
The post holder will provide an autonomous inflammatory bowel disease service using advanced clinical judgment and knowledge of the specialty you will be required to lead and innovate nursing practice within inflammatory bowel disease within the Trust and through local networks.As the clinical nurse specialist in IBD, your role will also be to support the wider MDT members and provide support, advice, formal and in formal education. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference in patients' lives.Main duties of the job
- To assess, plan and implement patient's care, providing specialist and advanced clinical management, education, information and support to patients and their families/carers with IBD problems within Barnet & Chase Farm Hospitals.
- To take responsibility for own evidence-based practice and implement and add to the body of knowledge that supports nursing practice within inflammatory bowel disease.
- To lead and innovate nursing practice within inflammatory bowel disease both within the Trust and through local networks.
- To develop inflammatory bowel disease guidelines, protocols, and policies for the Trust
- To develop all staff within the multidisciplinary team, providing support, advice, formal and informal education.
? To work with other members of the multidisciplinary team and other relevant departments throughout the hospitals to ensure safe and effective delivery of care for our IBD patients.About us
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow link https://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationRoyal Free World Class ValuesEssential
Education & professional QualificationsEssential
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
- Specialist degree level qualification (eg IBD module)
- Teaching qualification
- Educated to degree level
- Educated to masters level
- Band 6 in an acute nursing setting
- Able to demonstrate achievement & service development in a Band 6 setting
- Teaching / supervision of other health care professionals
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of MDT working with complex IBD patients
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.