Newham University Hospital is part Barts Health NHS Trust which is the largest Trusts in England
Currently there is a vacancy for a highly motivated Band 6 Junior Sister within the Endoscopy unit at Newham Hospital. This is a fix term maternity cover for 1 year position with a start in August 2023.
The unit is an impressive Endoscopy facility boasting two procedure rooms and a brand new decontamination unit . Patients are treated for both diagnostic and therapeutic procedures within the facilities by a dedicated competent multi-skilled workforce, who put patient focused care at the forefront.Main duties of the job
Under the supervision of the Senior Sister/Charge nurse actively participate in the assessment of care needs, the development of programmes of care, implementation & evaluation of programme of care.
He/she carries out relevant forms of care, demonstrates procedures & supervise newly qualified /unqualified staff.About us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Take nursing history from patients through interviewing and observation on their admission to Unit
- Ensure patient receives the best possible care during their stay in the Unit
- Maintain accurate clinical observations of patients condition
- Interprets the significance to date of the patients condition and progress. Acts and reports accordingly
- Identifies and discusses nursing problems or needs with the patients, relatives, and staff. Participates in discharge planning to ensure a safe and effective discharge from the Unit.
- Participates in teaching and the supervision of qualified and unqualified staff including Health Care Assistants and Student nurses
- Administer drugs, treatments and procedures as prescribed with safety and accuracy in accordance with Barts Health NHS Trusts policy and procedure.
- Communicate effectively with patients, relatives and co-workers
- Actively participate with medical staff with procedures within the Endoscopy Unit
- Be aware of the Nursing policies, Trust policies, Procedures, guidelines and protocols of care and development of the Unit.
- Apply research with emphasis on evidence based nursing care
- Be actively involved with the Senior Sister/Charge nurse, Medical staff and other professionals in agreement with protocols of care
- Minimum of two years experience in Endoscopy ERCP experience
- Organisational Ability Evidence of mentoring and development of staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Administration skills
- Problem solving skills
- EPR Computer skills Management of patient records and accurate recording skills
- Pleasant Person related skills Cheerful disposition
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance issues
- Knowledge and understanding of national issues relating to Emergency Care
- Knowledge of 'Essence of Care' and Quality improvement issues
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Must be flexible in approach to work direction
- Must be able to work flexibly to suit Unit requirements this may mean changing shifts patterns occasionally
- Able to work under pressure Team working abilities
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Newham University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.