Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Main duties of the job
The post holder is responsible for training in machine perfusion service to the Royal Free London Liver Transplant and National Organ Retrieval Service (NORS) Teams. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participate in, usually on a 1:5, a 24 hour on call rota to ensure 24/7 coverage for perfusion technology in the transplant and NORS teams.
- Train to operate the Ex situ machine perfusion when required during ex situ liver assessment and conditioning.
- Train to operate the Cardiohelp machine when required during in situ normothermic regional perfusion.
- Train to operate the Venous-venous bypass machine when required during liver transplantation.
- On occasion, if required, provide cross cover and undertake cold organ perfusion as a member of the Royal Free NORS team.
- Take part in machine perfusion audits and be a part of ongoing NORS and Transplant meetings. Utilise analysis of audits to inform and facilitate service development.
- Ensure maintainence of perfusion machines and equipment ensuring adequate stock levels of consumables.
- Support the Royal Free Liver Transplant Service by completing and returning UK Liver Transplant Forms to NHSBT.
Comply with the relevant HCPC Code of Professional Conduct and demonstrate knowledge and application of departmental and trust policies and procedures.About us
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow linkhttps://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- oBiomedical science degree or equivalent degree in health care science / similar field OR equivilant clinical experience.
- Significant clinical experience in theatres or a similar clinical environment.
- Experience and knowledge in transplant and retrieval processes
- Auditing skills
- Proficient in data collection, data entry and Microsoft office
- Interest or experience in clinical research
- Significant experience working in a clinical environment, such as theatres or similar, in an organ perfusion, ODP or similar role.
- Transplantation and organ perfusion experience
- Experience in operating the OrganOx metra
- Experience in operating the Cardiohelp machine in multi organ retrieval
- Experience in operating Venous-venous bypass machine
- Good written & verbal communications skills
- Computer skills
- Awareness of clinical issues within the theatre dept.
- Able to work as part of a team within set boundaries.
- Able to priortise workload.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work under pressure, manage difficult situations
- Ability to participate in on call rota
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Free Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.