Are you a newly qualified pharmacist, due to qualify in the summer of 2023 or a pharmacist with experience outside of secondary care - this is the perfect role for you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated qualified pharmacist to work in our team of Early Careers Pharmacists. You will be expected to value working in a team of Early Careers Pharmacists and the wider pharmacy and MDT teamMain duties of the job
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop a range of hospital pharmacy skills, with particular emphasis on patient-facing work.
We run a progressive and innovative clinical pharmacy service where successful candidates will work cross-site at Huddersfield Royal Infirmary and Calderdale Royal Hospital and will receive clinical experience in areas such as acute medicine, general medicine, respiratory, older peoples' medicine, coronary care, paediatrics, intensive care and surgery. The postholders will also have the opportunity to work within particular areas of interest with experience available in dispensary services, aseptic production, medicines information, working within a discharge team, community services and ED.
You will need to beable to manage your time,prioritise tasks effectively,be proactiveand communicate well with your colleagues to ensure that we deliver an excellent service together as a team.About us
How will we help you develop in your role?
We will support you with an induction to the department, alongside a range of e-learning opportunities provided as part of your Trust training and development, and as part of our experienced team of Clinical Pharmacists you will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills with support from your colleagues. The opportunity to undertaken the Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy with the University of Bradford will be offered to commence as soon as possible after starting in post.
Previous hospital experience is not essential, we welcome applications from driven pharmacists working in other sectors who would like to explore a career in secondary care.
You will take part in our weekend and bank holiday rota.
All posts in the organisationare subject to aprobationary period.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Undertakes clinical pharmacy duties on ward areas and the dispensary within areas competence.
- Follows Trust policies in relation to the Clinical Pharmacy Service
- Assists with the stock control of Medicines within the Trust
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of policies, procedures and records for the Clinical Pharmacy Service
- Is responsible for the management of risk in relation to the areas of responsibility of the post holder
- Participates in the training of pharmacy staff and other health care professionals.
- Dosing and monitoring anticoagulants
Participate in the Clinical Pharmacy Service, reviewing prescriptions for clinical appropriateness, drug interactions and legality dispenses and supplies drugs for patients:
- Provide professional and clinical information and advice to the multidisciplinary healthcarestaff (including primary care), patients and carers, to support individual patient care and medicines optimisation
- Make recommendations tailored to the context of specific patients or situations, including calculations for complex drug regimens
- Address issues of co-existing medical diseases and conditions such as renal and hepatic impairment, pregnancy, breastfeeding and concurrent medications
- Liaise with antibiotic pharmacists and microbiology to ensure adherence to the antibiotic formulary, prescribing guidelines and antimicrobial management policy
- Undertakes activities in relation to clinical trials in line with standard operating procedures
- MPharm or equivalent Degree in Pharmacy approved by General Pharmaceutical Council
- Registered Pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Postgraduate cert. in Clinical Pharmacy
Practical/Intellectual Skills/Personal QualitiesEssential
- 12 months work experience in secondary care (trainee year)
- 6 months work experience in secondary care (trainee year)
- Worked as qualified pharmacist in secondary care
- Good verbal and written communication
- Time management, decision making and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team. Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, remains calm and objective
Special Knowledge/ ExpertiseEssential
- Previous hospital experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A good basic knowledge of pharmacy
- Computer literate
- Shows a commitment to undertaking mandatory Continuous Professional Development
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Huddersfield Royal Infirmary
Huddersfield / Halifax
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.