Due to promotion, we are looking for a full time compliments and complaints coordinator to support the teams within the Women's and Children's Division, located within Bristol Royal Hospital for Children and St Michaels hospital. The role is key to supporting the Division with managing compliments and complaints, advice and information requests from our patients & their families, and encouraging learning from the feedback provided as well as celebrating good practice.Main duties of the job
Key features of this role include:
- Co-ordinate and manage without direct supervision the compliments and complaints (formal and informal) process, for the Division of Women's and Children's Services.
- Support and work closely with the divisional management and corporate complaints team in delivering a high-quality integrated service.
- Manage the operational performance of achieving complaint response targets, ensuring performance against the standard for response time targets is maximised.
- Communicating with staff at all levels internally and externally to resolve issues to the satisfaction of service users and members of the public.
- Coordinate and attend complaint meetings in order to produce appropriate notes and action plans to be shared with the complainant and clinical teams.
- Maintain an active spreadsheet to collect key themes and learning from all complaints
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Ongoing learning and professional development in relevant fields e.g. complaints resolution, customer service, patient and public involvement
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Training in mediation and facilitation skills
- Complaints management experience
- Experience of working within the public sector in a customer focussed role
- Experience of working in a supportive role with patients, members of the public and staff at all levels
- Experience of cross organisational and multi-agency working
- Experience of producing clear accurate and concise reports and papers for a range of audiences
- Experience of managing challenging situations and relationships
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- A knowledge of healthcare in NHS Trusts and an ability to understand how trust policies and procedures impact on different groups of staff and patients
- Experience of delivering training
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills, both written and oral and the ability to liaise with staff at all levels
- Skilled handling in conveying sensitive messages including in a challenging environment
- Able to maintain high standards of diplomacy and confidentiality
- Excellent organisational skills
- Standard keyboard skills - working knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Time management skills and the ability to manage the conflicting demands of different clients
- Ability to work independently and flexibly using own initiative
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with a wide range of people and to build relationships quickly
- Able to act as a positive role model for team members
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good understanding of legislation and regulatory frameworks, national and local policies relating to complaints and PALS
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
Upper Maudlin Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.