We are excited to offer the opportunity for a committed, motivated and clinically expert renal nurse with experience in the care of renal/HDU patients to apply for this Band 6 post within the renal directorate at Imperial College NHS Healthcare Trust on De Wardener Unit, a Renal High Dependency Unit at the Hammersmith Hospital.
With our own emergency admission pathway you will be at the forefront of delivering acute medical/surgical care. We will support you to develop advanced assessment and management skills of highly complex acutely unwell patients that will provide a strong foundation to your nursing career. When joining one of the largest transplant centres in the UK you get to become part of a team at the cutting edge of organ transplantation that is literally transforming lives.
The renal population provides a rich tapestry of medical and surgical conditions that will allow you to hone and develop your nursing skills, some of our nurses have gone on to become nurse practitioners, community dialysis nurses, diabetes nurse specialists and tissue viability nurses.Main duties of the job
- To provide high quality, effective, individualised care to all patients by assessing care needs and developing, implementing and evaluating them without supervision
- To assist the ward manager in leading the nursing team and deputise in their absence
- Monitor standards of nursing care and take appropriate action to maintain and improve them
- To respond to patients, relatives and carers concerns as they arise and take remedial action as required
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ qualificationsEssential
- Registered nurse
- Relevant specialist course - critical care / renal course or equivalent experience
- Teaching qualification or equivalent experience
Desirable Skills/knowledge/ abilitiesEssential
- Extensive experience in critical care
- Organisation and management skills
- Ability to lead a team
- IT skills
- Good communication skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of budget management
- Ability to appraise staff or willingness to learn
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.