Due to promotion of the current post holder we are recruiting a key leadership role in our maternity governance team. We are looking for an experienced midwife who is committed to delivering outstanding care, continuous quality improvement and a positive safety culture.
The postholder is a key member of the Director of Midwifery office, working in partnership with the Head of Midwifery, Consultant Midwife and the Trust Maternity Lead for compliance to lead the midwifery services.
Working in collaboration with the obstetric and gynaecology clinical governance leads, and key stakeholders in anaesthetics, neonates, and paediatrics, the post holder's focus is ensuring a safe high quality service and outstanding patient experience.
Key responsibilities include leadership and coordination of clinical governance and risk management processes for obstetrics, gynaecology and acute paediatrics, development and oversight of the maternity quality improvement programme aligned to the maternity strategy.
This post worked directly with the Director of Midwifery, Head of Midwifery and divisional triumvirate with responsibility for obstetrics , gynaecology, neonates and acute paediatrics'. Main duties of the job
Lead and participate in the co-ordination and management of clinical risk in the obstetrics and gynaecology SDU. They will take lead responsibility for working with the clinical staff to identify risks, carry out risk assessments, report risks appropriately, and ensure that necessary actions follow and learning takes place.
Lead a positive safety culture across the obstetrics and gynaecology SDU.
Ensure support and advice is provided to staff, women, and their families within the governance framework.
To provide leadership support and direction to all senior midwives and midwifery specialists regarding clinical governance and quality.
Work collaboratively with the Director of Midwifery, divisional triumvirate and key stakeholders to ensure that the SDU is well prepared for all internal and external assurance processes.About us
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce. Why work for us?
We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve. What do we stand for?
Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.Person SpecificationValuesEssential
education/ qualifiications and TrainingEssential
- Communicates openly, honestly and professionally, and actively promotes team working and building strong working relationships
- Patients are always first. Drives service improvements. Strong self-awareness with a desire to grow.
- Treats all with compassion and kindness. Ensures everyone feels valued.
- Consults others and listens to their views/opinions. Enables others to take the initiative
- Registered Midwife
- Masters degree or study at Masters level - or relevant experience
- Evidence of further continued professional development
- First Line Management Course or management training
- 5 years relevant post registration midwifery experience
- Experience of acting as mentor - coach - preceptor
- Knowledge and understanding of Audit and research
- Staff development and
- Risk Management experience
- Experience of teaching and embedding learning
- Evidence of quality improvement
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Previous responsibility for the organisation and management of a ward/department
- Worked in all midwifery settings
- Project management
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, to enable liaison with patients, relatives and multi-disciplinary team and to produce concise written reports and notes.
- Knowledge of up to date nursing/ midwifery and NHS issues
- High motivation and ability to motivate others
- Knowledge of evidence informed and research based practice
- Managerial and leadership ability
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Insight into the needs of the Trust and Regional/Government initiatives
- Management experience
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.