Thistle Whyte is a 20 bedded ward which specialises in elderly care medicine. Patients with an average length of stay of 12 days or less. We offer an environment that will enable you to develop and broaden your nursing portfolio including caring for patients with a variety of medical conditions and an in-depth understanding of frailty and hospitalised deconditioning.
You will work as part of the Care of Medicine for the Elderly Team supporting the division and Manager of the Thistle Whyte ward to ensure an effective and high quality of care and service is delivered to those patients who access and requires treatment daily.
If you are a Registered Adult Nurse, with experience at Band 5/6 or above in an specialist care of the elderly hospital setting and are innovative, driven and passionate about delivering excellent, person-centred care then this job could be for you.Main duties of the job
The main purpose of the role is to act as a ward sister in Thistle Whyte ward at St Marys' Hospital providing expert treatment and care, coordination and support for patients whilst having treatment as an inpatient and liaising with the discharge team to plan and execute their discharges safely. You will also be required to support staff on duty and assist the Ward manager to promote and monitor safe and effective practice, enhance the patient experience, provide effective leadership and management and contribute to the delivery of the Trusts and Medicine for the Elderly objectives.
Acts as a leader and role model, adopting a flexible approach in a role which encompasses leadership, education, management and clinical responsibilities. ? Demonstrates the CAKE values of the Trust: Collaborative, Aspirational, Kind, Expert.About us
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
- Active Registration with the NMC
- Degree/diploma in health related subject.
- Evidence of appropriate post graduate education/CPD
- Mentorship qualification
- Substantial post registration experience
- Evidence of working as an autonomous practitioner
- Evidence of close working with all members of the multidisciplinary team in a medicine for the elderly ward.
- Understanding of clinical governance
- Experience of contributing to care pathways and discharge process of the care of the elderly.
- Experience of implementing quality improvement projects, based on evidence based practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Substantial post registration experience. Evidence of working as a Band 5.
- Evidence of close working with all members of the multidisciplinary team. Proven knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology of ageing. Aware of recent developments within nursing. Understanding of clinical governance. Awareness of national guidelines and standards of care on the management of elderly patients. Knowledge and understanding of measuring outcomes
- Good organisational skills
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.