Are you an experienced midwife who strives to deliver a gold standard of care? If so then working as a senior Band 7 midwife on our Fantastic Birth Centre is for you!
Fuelled by innovation, we embrace the latest resources and developments, always striving for forward-thinking improvements. This role isn't just a job it's a thrilling journey to reshape maternity care together!
You will be part of a supportive and experienced team on Lilac Birth Centre, providing intrapartum and postnatal care, whilse leading a team of motivational, friendly and supportive midwives.
Whipps Cross Hospital is part of Barts Health NHS Trust, which has a worldwide reputation for innovation in the care of expectant mothers and their families. As the largest trust in the UK we provide exceptional care for families.
We value your experience working alongside us and acknowledge that fulfilled midwives put women at the centre of their work. As a midwife you are part of the woman's family, and develop a mutually respectful and satisfying relationship.Main duties of the job
To give high quality, safe , evidence based, holistic midwifery care to women in all maternity care settings including antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal care as well as parent education. To provide continuity of care and carer in partnership with the women and the multidisciplinary team as required. To ensure midwifery care and support provided is personalised to meet the individual needs of the woman. We are dedicated to being an outstanding place to work and will work with you to get the best experience. We know flexible working is not a one size fits all and will mean something different to everyone. We are inclusive, so if you are interested in flexible working, please speak to the recruiting manager.About us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together. We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationQualifications and knowledgeEssential
- Band 7 Midwife with UK professional Registration or Senior Band 6 with relevant years recent experience in a Homebirth or Birth Centre Environment
Skills and abilitiesEssential
- Practice Supervisor/ Assessor
- Examination of the newborn
Health, safety and securityEssential
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the Department and Directorate
- The ability to communicate with patients in an empathetic manner regarding their treatment and procedures
- Can demonstrate an enthusiastic, approachable and friendly manner
- Ability communicate effectively, both written and oral
- Understanding of own Knowledge and Skills Framework and ability to identify learning needs and interests
- Ability to self reflect, carry out tasks of own job and identify what s/he needs to learn to able to do current job better
- Ability to take an active role in agreed learning activities and keeps a record of them
Enablement to address health and wellbeingEssential
- Acts in a way that is consistent with legislation, policies and procedures and abide by the Trust Health and Safety policies
- Ability to support others in maintaining health, safety and security
- Ability to identify and assess the potential risks involved in work activities and processes for self and others
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to carry out essential and appropriate Midwifery care and procedures including dealing with obstetric emergencies and suturing
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Whipps Cross Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.